Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

major leaks
major leaks
[attachment=2593]
Hi all, I have a Phillip Respironics ASV for severe Central sleep apnea. ( 120 AHI untreated). I have been using sleepyhead since i started (about a year) I either use a nasal mask (Resmed fx ) or pillows (pilairo). For about ten months my AHI was pretty much always still over 5. Lately it is always under 5 but i have major mask leaks with either mask. Sometimes i detect the leak and wake up and adjust. I think i might need new mask and pillows. I cant afford it yet though. Am i wasting my time using the machine with the significant mask leaks and is the AHI actually accurate with the major leaks. I will get at least one new mask in about a month.
Dont-know
CoffeeCoolDont-know
Ginny
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: major leaks
I expect your machine is fine with your level of major leaks, but I don't use the Respironics so best to wait for someone that knows that machine. Looking at your numbers it appears to be doing an excellent job. Of course the bottom line to me is always how do you feel - I know you are concerned, but do you feel you are getting a goodnights sleep? If so, I expect it is okay until you can get a new mask.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Those leak levels are pretty moderate, you are still getting benefit from the therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that. Yes I feel fine. So much better than I did before therapy where I would have to have heaps of naps in my car through the day and then fall asleep as soon as i got home from work.
Thank you. I just wasn't sure if the reading was accurate or if it was even worth me continuing until i get the new mask. But I do feel the benefit as I am not exhausted like i was before.
CoffeeCoolDont-know
Ginny
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 290 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 243 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 143 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 162 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 109 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 255 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 504 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.