Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clearing rain out from tubing
RE: Clearing rain out from tubing
Hi Trish6hundred. Thanks for the welcome. I haven't been having too much trouble with rain out. When I put the post up was the worst case. It was very bad that time as there was a lot of condensation and water droplets in the tubing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just updating my post. I had pretty severe rainout problems a couple more times with the colder weather here in Australia (winter now ). I have turned the temp down to 27 degrees and the humidity level down to 4. I also found a setting in the machine called ( run warmup). I have used that for the last 2 nights and here has been no condensation or rainout in the tubing so far. Hopefully I have found the solution for the problem. Thanks for he helpful advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Shokk,
I had pretty bad rainout in Sydney last week. I actually didn't know what was happening as I had never experienced it before but my bedroom temp was probably under 10c. Using the P10 I guess the water droplets pretty much blocked the P10's vent so I couldn't really breath which caused a bit of panic. At 3am or so I didn't know what was happening so I just changed the mask to another P10 with limited success. The next day with most of my wits about me I realised what had happened and why "droplets of water kept falling from the ceiling on my pillow" so I cranked the tube temp to 4 (Respironics) and didn't have a prob.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2016, 01:56 AM)Dafod Wrote: Hi Shokk,
I had pretty bad rainout in Sydney last week. I actually didn't know what was happening as I had never experienced it before but my bedroom temp was probably under 10c. Using the P10 I guess the water droplets pretty much blocked the P10's vent so I couldn't really breath which caused a bit of panic. At 3am or so I didn't know what was happening so I just changed the mask to another P10 with limited success. The next day with most of my wits about me I realised what had happened and why "droplets of water kept falling from the ceiling on my pillow" so I cranked the tube temp to 4 (Respironics) and didn't have a prob.

I am glad you sorted the rainout problem out. Hopefully I have sorted mine out as well. The colder weather has had an effect on it, for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 610 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 759 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 626 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  Rain out all of a sudden mogulman 1 288 12-17-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 547 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.