Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie to forum and Sleep Apnea
RE: Newbie to forum and Sleep Apnea
Could it also be sweat? I don't have a nasal mask so I don't know -- but I would guess that, on your side, the plastic of the mask presses against the face a bit? I think that would make me sweat. [ In fact, the amount of plastic that touches you, is why I went straight to nasal pillows. And fortunately they work for me, so I haven't tried the other options. ]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie to forum and Sleep Apnea
afwife4,
I use the same machine as you and have been for about 2 years. I have swings in my AHI's but on average around 5, which is good. One thing I have noticed with my machine and Sleepyhead over they years is, that you have to really look closer at the events to make sure they, 1. did or didn't happen while you were asleep and 2. they are "true" events. What I mean about true events is sometimes if you look closer, it obvious that it wasn't an event. Sometimes you swallow or do other things while sleeping that can get marked as an event.
As for "Timed Breaths", that is the number of times that the machine as give you a breath. If you put the arrow on the flow rate graph and left mouse click it will zoom in on it. Then you will see little marks on the top of the graph. Those are when the machine gives a "Timed Breath". You can zoom in the same way on any graph. Look at the timed breaths along with the graph labeled "Pat. Triggered Breaths". That should help you understand why there are timed breaths.

If you haven't already found, here's a link to a PDF file that helped me. It's similar to the Yenny PDF but as a bit more explanation.
Auto Servo Ventilation – Indications, Basics of Algorithm, and Titration

I hope this helps a little. There are more people on this forum that use this machine and are more well versed then me. Hopefully one of them will chime in soon.

Snowleopard
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 386 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 244 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 353 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 133 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 293 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.