Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What do you do for noise reduction from your CPAP?
RE: What do you do for noise reduction from your CPAP?
Ok, so photos from photobucket are the easy option it seems.

I love chopping boards, they are so handy for so many uses.
Here I'm using one under the CPAP machine so it is not sitting on the carpet, and a larger one to form a "shelf" above the machine to help block the noise.
The big board is simply slid in between the mattress and base, it is actually quite solid and can hold a bit of weight.
[Image: 20160710_095359_resized_zpsoqhpouu7.jpg]

I can easily disconnect the hose and slide the machine out on the chopping board so I can refill the humidifier tank, clean and replace the filters, or take out the SD card to download my data.
Then I just slide the whole thing back in beside the bedside chest of drawers, easy as. Big Grin
[Image: 20160709_165558_resized_zps4clcvzpk.jpg]

The towel is for noise blocking, and will be handy if ever I spill water when filling or removing the humidifier tank. Wink
The cushion also helps block noise, but is there more because it is handy to grab in the night for when my bulging disc/back pain becomes too much for me.. I put it under my "top" knee when lying on my side, by lifting the knee height it takes pressure off the disc by untwisting my spine.
[Image: 20160710_095618_resized_zpsswqnux2p.jpg]

The response on waking this morning from wife was... "that was so much quieter." as she snuggled in for a cuddle before we got up for a lazy Sunday morning breakfast. Coffee

[Image: 20160709_165618_resized_zpsfoe9werb.jpg]

Overall the unorthodox idea has worked very well. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried both the Airsense 10 and Dreamstation and I found the Dreamstation quieter.

I have a long 8 foot hose and I put both my legacy Respironics and Airsense 10 under my bed. However, as indicated in a new post moments ago I am now running into anomalies with the Airsense 10. I also wear earplugs and have an air filter as white noise to muffle the sounds. Cpap machines are imo, still too noisey for us light sleepers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good score on the snuggle! That looks like a very safe setup (not lack of input air flow). As long as you do not have a flatulent dog that sleeps next to the machine. So I haver heard. A SD-Wifi card will make this even more convenient - no need to remove the SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2016, 12:43 AM)chill Wrote: Good score on the snuggle! That looks like a very safe setup (not lack of input air flow). As long as you do not have a flatulent dog that sleeps next to the machine. So I haver heard. A SD-Wifi card will make this even more convenient - no need to remove the SD card.

No dog to worry about, though the Mrs. keeps on at me about getting one again. Oh-jeez but we can't give a pet the time it would need at the moment.
I've worked in piggeries twenty years ago, so not new to bad smells... but a flatulent dog is DEFINITELY worse Bug-eyed I know that because I've also owned both pet and working dogs (though my working dogs where also treated like pets too though Unsure )

The loaner CPAP can be accessed remotely via the modem, I just don't have access to it.

When I buy one of my own, most likely a DreamStation exactly the same as the one I'm trialing, I will look in to how to access it remotely from my laptop or mobile phone.

I've not heard of a WiFi SD card, I will Google them now and "edjamacate" myself about them. Thanks

Mind you, sliding the whole unit on the little chopping board out 6" to access the SD card is not a problem.
Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
It is just a regular SD memory card that can connect to a Wifi network. There are a couple of free applications that can read the data over the network and transfer it for SleepyHead. This is the one that I am using: http://www.sleepmaster.org

While it is not a problem to take the memory card out and stick it back in, it was a task that I was happy to automate. I am still looking at mine every day, if you do it once a week or month, it might not be worth it. The Wifi memory card can also run simple apps, so it should be possible to get it to back up your data to DropBox or a similar service.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  anyone with positive apnea reduction using emf shielding over bed? Pierelly 7 319 03-21-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,193 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 188 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 218 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,718 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 429 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 640 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.