Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can i use Sleepyhead with my DV 54?
RE: Can i use Sleepyhead with my DV 54?
Sleep Laboratory is correct English, but we usually abbreviate it to just Sleep Lab.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2016, 12:09 AM)n.kessler Wrote: Hello
Thank you for your answers. I learned, that I have to use adittional Equipment to use SleepyHead.
To change the Machine is not so easy because I got it from my Insurance and they have contracts with special dealers and manufacturers. I got my DV 54 at the Hopital, immediately after my first night at the "sleeping Laboratory" (I dont know the exact English word). So I dont have to pay anything for this. If I will change the Machine, I have to pay for that and this is not needed. I will look for the costs of this SmartLink.

Thank a lot for your help!

Yours
Norbert

I see that Supplier #1 on our supplier list offers the Smartlink module for $99. This might be a worthwhile investment.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2016, 12:09 AM)n.kessler Wrote: Hello
Thank you for your answers. I learned, that I have to use adittional Equipment to use SleepyHead.
To change the Machine is not so easy because I got it from my Insurance and they have contracts with special dealers and manufacturers. I got my DV 54 at the Hopital, immediately after my first night at the "sleeping Laboratory" (I dont know the exact English word). So I dont have to pay anything for this. If I will change the Machine, I have to pay for that and this is not needed. I will look for the costs of this SmartLink.

Thank a lot for your help!

Yours
Norbert

Norbert,

Pretty good English! In the US we would say "sleep lab".

Your insurance does sound like a lot of what happens in the US. If you do have insurance that pays for CPAP you are provided a machine, you do not always have a choice of brand or model. If you do not want to use the one you are given, then you have to buy your own.

You might be able to talk them into swapping for a different machine and offering to pay for the price difference.

For about 4 years I had the DV53. It is very similar to the DV54. It has the ability to generate a code on the display that you can use to create a report that shows how much you use the machine, and it also shows some very limited data. This is normally sufficient for the insurance company to verify you are using it, and also sufficient for your doctor to verify it is having the proper result on treating your apnea. It does not give you the same level of detail as a Sleepyhead report.

When I checked recently the SmarLink was about $120 US. That might be expensive for some people, but over the life of the machine that might not be so bad.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Richb and KSMathew

Thank you for your response. $99 or $120 sounds much better than 225€, what i found by a german supplier. This was SmartLink together with a CD and the original Software. To get the Smartlink without software seems to be impossible here. I talked to my supplier and they did not want to sell it to me, because they told me these dates are only for docters... (medical pesonel only). Here in Germany we say: "They are sitting on a very high Horse"

The other thing is: If I buy a SmartLink-Module by my self and the supplier and/or the insurance decide to switch the Product, I have the module and can not use it anymore. I think 120$ are not to much for me, but I dont want to burn money for nothing.
I think I will talk to my docter and ask him, if she wants to have the dates. Then she can make a prescription and it will be payed by the insurance...
Post Reply Post Reply
Norbert,

I understand. You would own SmartLink module but not the DV54.

I hope your doctor can be convinced to help.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.