Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can I use tap water in the humidifier?
RE: Can I use tap water in the humidifier?
(08-14-2016, 01:22 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(08-13-2016, 10:52 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: On a cautionary note, if you use tap water, and it clogs the machine internally, the manufacturer could deny a warranty claim.

If you begin to see mineral deposits in the tub, there are lots of products that will remove it. There's seldom any need to replace it.

Agree with most of your comment, but the only component that could be affected by mineral deposits is the humidifier tub.
You're right. I had never checked out the innards of my machine, but the tub output goes directly into a very short tube that makes a right angle to mate with the hose. Other machines may be different, but that reinforces the comments that using tap water doesn't harm the machine (at least not Resmed A10 machines). Just keep an eye out for deposits in the tub and rinse with vinegar. I think I'll stick with distilled at home because I need it for the waterpik anyway, and there's no worry about scale. But I won't be carrying a jug of it with me on vacation.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I use tap water in the humidifier?
(08-14-2016, 12:23 PM)natyprueba Wrote:
(08-13-2016, 08:26 AM)Ockrocket Wrote:
(08-13-2016, 08:16 AM)natyprueba Wrote: EVERYBODY: Thanks

I have learn a lot with your answers.

Ralph.

Now all you have to do is decide which of us idiots you are going to take the advice of.
Laugh-a-lot Laugh-a-lot Laugh-a-lot Laugh-a-lotLaugh-a-lot
Hello Ockrocket.
I take very serious this forum because when I began over here 2 months ago and I didn't know nothing about this new world. I don't have any kind of medical education and in this forum there are a lot of guys and ladies with a lot of knowledge about the mask, the
machines, software, etc.
In this particular case I reach my goal. Is better for me to be 100% in the safe side and use distilled water, but that doesn't mean that if I run out of water I can use tap water with out problem or remorse.
ralph.

I am in a similar situation Ralph, I knew very little about sleep apnoea myself before finding this forum, I was diagnosed recently and am still learning.

The knowledge available from the great members here is a big help to people like you and I who are new to the world of sleep apnoea management.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 184 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 769 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.