Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Introduction; Periodic Apnea without hypoxia
RE: Introduction; Periodic Apnea without hypoxia
I don't use an oximeter so I might be completely off track here... Is it possible your oxi is not properly synched to the CPAP machine time? In other words, could you be seeing the trace for a different part of the night? If that's the case the expected desaturation might be showing up at a different time.
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess would be that the OP is not aroused by the CA groups and that the OP has adequate sleep cycles despite the CAs.

Of course, this is only based on the OP''s statement that there is no daytime tiredness.

Only a sleep study with all those electrodes attached could really tell what kind of sleep the OP is getting and if the CA groups do not coincide with arousals.
Post Reply Post Reply
DB: You’re right to worry, but the oxygen trace is actually pretty flat through the night. I can actually detect minor fluctuations that seem to track the apneas with about a minute of lag, but the value never falls below 93. I’ve read that people vary in their responsiveness to apnea, for instance trained free divers in one study stayed above 95% oxygen saturation after 2 min of apnea. It would be interesting if habitual apnea experience or exercise can confer benefits in resistance to hypoxia from apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,108 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Periodic breathing while semi-sleeping jaredihnen 7 586 11-22-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  Does Airsense 10 require periodic calibration checks? CorruptAlligator 4 1,254 10-19-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Central Apneas and Periodic Breathing PatTheEngineer 1 460 10-14-2023, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Periodic breathing rjbutler 5 712 09-30-2023, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR interpretation - periodic breathing? AsvUser123 6 991 09-07-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.