Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP pillows can really help tackle mask issues!
CPAP pillows can really help tackle mask issues!
At the suggestion of a forum advisor (chill), I just wanted to write about what a godsend a sleep apnea pillow can be if you're having troubles with mask leak or other comfort issues while sleeping on your side, like I used to have.

For anyone who hasn't seen one, they are specially shaped pillows with cutouts for your mask. Most come with a matching pillow cover for washing. Your mask hangs off the edge of the pillow while your head remains supported. They can be stuffed like a traditional pillow or made out of memory foam. I personally found the memory foam version too hard and it still tended to knock my mask off. I've had my filled pillow for years now, and it was a game-changer for me. If you Google "sleep apnea pillows" in Google images, you can see all sorts of available designs.

This is a picture of the pillow that looks closest to what I use:

[Image: Sleep%20Apnea%20Neck%20Pillow.jpg]

Mine was about $50. I've seen versions that are much cheaper - like $15 - but I worried that they weren't as well made or supportive.

I hope this helps some of you! All the best!

Grouphug3

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP pillows can really help tackle mask issues!
I too purchased one of those. Mine is somewhat similar yet different. Has a cool side and a soft ( fuzzy) side. Gives support all the way to the edge so you can hang your mask off the edge and still have support. Mine was 60.00. They are not cheap but worth every penny.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP pillows can really help tackle mask issues!
Feel free to write a review of it over at the Review Forum.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-old-forum
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 50 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 185 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,757 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 389 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.