Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI changed with Mirage Liberty Nasal Pillows
AHI changed with Mirage Liberty Nasal Pillows
I have had a bridge nose sore for 4 months and was having leaks from full face gel mask trying fit mask over open wound. My AHI usually was under 5 except when mask leaked. Changed to Mirage Liberty with nasal pillows and after over tightening to stop pillow blowout I do not seem to have any leaks, but AHI is up to over 25 and sometimes when my inner nose itches, or the dog wakes me up and I wake up the AHI is over 45.
Also I can't seem to get over 5 hours sleep. I was getting almost 8 and sometimes over 8 with the Full Face mask. Is this normal for a nasal pillow mask? My pressure was 21/16 and doc dropped to 18/13 to help stop blowout.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI changed with Mirage Liberty Nasal Pillows
Hi Earnest Bailey, First, Welcome! to the forum.! I'm sorry I'm not able to answer your question, but keep checkin' back, someone will be able to give you suggestions to help you with your problem, hang in there and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Earnest Bailey - May be using the nasal pillows the air directly going into the nose and irritating the nasal passages. Do you get stuffy and congested nose? I would suggest try a nasal mask with a chinstrap or try a mask liner with your full face mask or another full face mask such as Quattro FX or F&P full face mask the one goes under the chin (431?)
Post Reply Post Reply
With the old mask I tried both the cotton liners and a nasal pillow for my nose. Neither seemed to help. The sore got to be about the size of a dime on the bridge of my nose. The only good thing was I was getting sleep if I got the mask tight enough, not recommeded. My ahi was low, sometimes under 1.0 and almost always under 5 unless it leaked. When my nose got sore and it did not heal due to the irritation at night from the mask hanging on my nose the doc and the sleep company recommended the Liberty. I guess when the sore goes away I will revert to the old mask. I just wonderewd whyu the ahi went up so far and I don't seem to have any leaks, as noticed when I wake-up in the am.. I have been using the new mask about 3 daays and yes my nose inside seems sore first thing in the am but gets better quickly...Thanks for the reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2012, 05:45 PM)Earnest Bailey Wrote: With the old mask I tried both the cotton liners and a nasal pillow for my nose. Neither seemed to help.
How old is the cushion, may be its getting worn out need replacing
My guess for the high AHI using the pillows is congested nose
FYI the Quattro Fx don,t have the forehead dial and is gentler on the nose
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/images/p...y/01-l.jpg

http://www.resmed.com/au/products/quattr...c=patients

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again Earnest Bailey, You could try some HPA Lanolin cream, ( found at most drug or larger department stores,)to help you get a better seal with your pillows and yet, you might not have to have your mask quite as tight. you just put a LITTLE bit on a q-tip and lightly coat the inside of each nostral. I just started using pillows a few weeks back and it helps me. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,778 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 331 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 394 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 935 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 486 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.