Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Pillows at high pressure
RE: Nasal Pillows at high pressure
@bob. Its can be rough. I was lucky enough that with a mask, I had no problem (I'm the 5th patient my dr has had with the max pressure, and I'm the only one who had no issues with the pressure). It does make it uncomfortable for a few minutes after i take the mask off.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I"m not overly concerned about leaks. I've got a full beard, so have leaks with the mask. Plus, I've been told at my pressure that its virtually impossible to get a good seal under any conditions. Once its up to pressure, it tends to find a way to leak.....the only ones that really get to me are when it leaks throgh the side of the nose, cause it blows into my eye =P
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you thought of shaving the beard so you can broaden your choice of masks. Full face masks may be another alternative as you can breathe through the nose and mouth. Someone mention that F&P 431 full face mask lower part goes under the chin provide better support and anchorage.
You don,t want any leaks around the eyes, try to protect the eyes with something like home made batch or eye mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
icewlf,

I have just the mask you need. I use it when I'm working with insulation:

[Image: thumb_Picture_2.jpg]

You'll note that it has a port on the bottom so you can input air or H2O directly. Laugh-a-lot
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2012, 05:32 PM)bobg1946 Wrote: icewlf,

I have just the mask you need. I use it when I'm working with insulation:

[Image: thumb_Picture_2.jpg]

You'll note that it has a port on the bottom so you can input air or H2O directly. Laugh-a-lot

Finally, a full face mask that doesn't leak. Too-funny

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have just gotten the Liberty which is a nasal pillow mask. Was fitted by the provider of the mask but when I used it the first night one of the pillows came out during the night. It was a fight. I switched because I had an open sore on the bridge of my nose for 4 months. I went without the first mask and had difficulty going to sleep and staying asleep. The next day I was dosing all the time, much more than before I started using the mask in the first place. Anyway the only way I could get the pillows mask to stay on was to cinch it down real tight, contra-indicatred. But the prime reason was to regrow my nose. I used it for two weeks, still having intermittent blowouts and last night I just got fed-up with it and tried a different full face mask I was given at my sleep study. Also while using the pillows mask my AHI went up from under 5 to between 20-30. I even had my doc lower the pressure from 21/18 to 18/13. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,782 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 131 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 713 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,437 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.