Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Guess my mask has been leaking for a good while
Guess my mask has been leaking for a good while
I believe my nasal mask has been leaking since I got it back in the first week of June and didn't really know it.

It always made a noise as I breathed while using it, but the last day or two, my nose piece would fall off when I took my mask off to get up in the morning or go to the bathroom.

I would snap it back on and it still fell back off a couple of times, so the last time I really push on it, but was scared I might break in mask.
Well this time I guess it was snapped back on really good because I was very surprised that the mask became very silent

So silent that I didn't think it was working and had to put my hand up to the elbow to feel for air. Never having a CPAP before I had no idea how silent they are supposed to be. Oh-jeez

Never felt any air escaping though.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Guess my mask has been leaking for a good while
(07-27-2012, 07:01 AM)mikael26288 Wrote: I believe my nasal mask has been leaking since I got it back in the first week of June and didn't really know it.

The cushions on some masks are more difficult to get on properly. What is the make and model of the mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2012, 07:01 AM)mikael26288 Wrote: I believe my nasal mask has been leaking since I got it back in the first week of June and didn't really know it.

It always made a noise as I breathed while using it, but the last day or two, my nose piece would fall off when I took my mask off to get up in the morning or go to the bathroom.

I would snap it back on and it still fell back off a couple of times, so the last time I really push on it, but was scared I might break in mask.
Well this time I guess it was snapped back on really good because I was very surprised that the mask became very silent

So silent that I didn't think it was working and had to put my hand up to the elbow to feel for air. Never having a CPAP before I had no idea how silent they are supposed to be. Oh-jeez

Hi mikael26288! Welcome

I bet you are using the same mask that I am! The first time I washed it I had to shove it in so hard I thought I was going to break it! It is still tough to get it in, but I am used to it now so I don't worry about it. They are pretty quiet. I was surprised how quiet they are nowadays until I updated last month. My machine was a very old machine and made quite a bit of noise, but my new Respironics System One APAP is as close to silent as I think you can get. All I know is that I cannot hear it so that's all the quiet that is needed! Smile Good luck with your therapy!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2012, 09:10 AM)JJJ Wrote: The cushions on some masks are more difficult to get on properly. What is the make and model of the mask?

I have a Fisher & Paykel, Zest 400440A nasal mask in the standard size.
My wife had been telling me that my Zest mask was louder then hers, but had no idea that it was not snapped into place correctly. I have cleaned my mask but without taking the cushion off the mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mikael26288, Welcome! to the forum.! You should just hear a slight rushing noise through the mask. When you put your mask back together, you should hear a clicking sound as things fall into place, at least that's the way I tell things are back together right. For a while I was using the comfort jell blue mask from Respironics, I had to be real careful with the outside flap or I would crack the frame that surrounds it and that obviously would cause leaks. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I had been hearing a rushing noise, but after I got it snapped back into place correctly, I hear nothing at all. It is dead silent, but if I lift the mask up a little you can hear that it is indeed blowing air.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2012, 03:12 PM)mikael26288 Wrote: I have a Fisher & Paykel, Zest
FYI - Here is the Zest fitting and cleaning instruction (scroll down to bottom and upload more videos to see the rest)
http://www.youtube.com/user/fphealthcare
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 372 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 71 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 148 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 177 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 345 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.