Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Configuring an AVAPS
RE: Configuring an AVAPS
2nd night with bpm off has resulted in an unusually high number of CA's and AHI (~12), but I sure can think a lot clearer than a couple days ago when OA's were high. I wonder if it was co2 washout on the other machine after all. I can sense a perfect night's sleep right around the corner...

(10-17-2016, 01:56 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: A procedure for setting Ti would be to set Ti at 1.8 (minimum). If the machine feels like it is switching from IPAP to EPAP too fast, than increase Ti in .1 increments. Don't increase Ti unless you get that "I wasn't done yet" sensations.

Guess I'll start testing systematically to find the lowest comfortable Ti > 2 at each bpm setting < 14. A little wary of how this variable will be effected during the course of a night's sleep, where IPAP will inevitably be increased.

It's a horrendous feeling when the pressure drops from 8 to 4 in the middle of an inhalation, and it's left me a lot more cautious about running this machine through the night under any given configuration.

(10-17-2016, 03:17 PM)PaytonA Wrote: From what I get from reading through this thread again is that jbsix has a Philips Respironics ASV not a Resmed but maybe I have missed something.

That is correct. We're all on the same page Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Configuring an AVAPS
Of course when you turned off the backup rate, you cancelled out the benefits of ASV. I think you will find a comfort spot for Ti right around 2.2, maybe a little higher. The other thing to consider is, your discomfort with the sensation of IPAP dropping before you finish a breath is when you're awake or in a transition to sleep. This is all part of adapting and getting accustomed to a rather sophisticated machine. Once you sync up in sleep, that should not be a problem. I agree a good night sleep is getting close. This process requires a lot of patience, which can be difficult when you're tired.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second night with my new AVAPS machine Sleepy Willy 0 476 11-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
Idea Configuring my DS2 for when I travel based on my AS10 settings fillmore50 10 1,177 11-18-2021, 05:11 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Need help with settings switching from Dreamstation AVAPS to ResMed ST-A LookingForward 3 841 09-20-2021, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed ST-A vs Philips BiPap AVAPS LookingForward 9 1,200 08-30-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: LookingForward
  Alarms on Dreamstation BiPap AVAPS going off at night LookingForward 1 1,014 01-12-2021, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What is a Dreamstation BIPAP AVAPS?? Who needs one? racprops 10 1,554 10-10-2020, 02:17 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] BiPAP AVAPS vs. ST KuriApollo 35 4,771 08-14-2020, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.