Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card question
RE: SD card question
(08-06-2012, 06:08 AM)mikael26288 Wrote: The lady that does the home visits had told me that they use some method that prevents us from using a regular SD card that is not from them in our machines.
I have not heard of this one. Some people said they can not change the setting with the card in the machine as the setting is locked on the card by the DME but they can do so if leaving the card out of the machine or using a new card

Post Reply Post Reply
Guess I'm going to have to have a better talk with the lady and find out for sure what is going on. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2012, 07:58 PM)mummerse Wrote: One thing that caught me about the Sleepy Head software and you may check, is that you have to import the data from the card each time you take it to the computer. The first couple times I used SH, I was so anxious to read the data that I forgot this little critical step and thought my machine wasn't writing to the card either. Turned out to be SH operator error. Oh-jeez

Well I feel real stupid right about now. Rolleyes

That was exactly the problem. I now can see the new data from the machines with any of my SD cards.

I also realize that the lady told me what she did just to discourage me from using a memory card for some reason.
Sorry for wasting so much of everybody's time on this question.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2012, 07:15 AM)mikael26288 Wrote: Sorry for wasting so much of everybody's time on this question.

Actually since you were not the first to do this, you probably won't be the last either! We now know the first thing to tell people when they say they can't see any data! Smile
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Sorry for wasting so much of everybody's time on this question.

The only "dumb" question is the one not asked. Glad we found out what was wrong!Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay Here is a dumb question......What "import the data from the card" mean

Post Reply Post Reply
The computer has to be told to read the new information from the SD card. The Sleepy Head software has labeled this function "import data" using the file drop down menu or just "import" from the navigation side panel. As several of us have found out, the program doesn't read the data from the card without a specific command to do so. Hope this helps!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks mummerse. I don,t have this problem using ResScan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 234 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
  Question: ResMed My Air & SD card rdudley9 2 714 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  SD card question Winterfrost 9 908 09-10-2021, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Winterfrost
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  SD Card Question TommyG 5 850 02-09-2021, 01:08 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.