Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FILTER BALONEY
Question 
FILTER BALONEY
Does anyone know how to designate the difference between the "normal" filters for the AirSense (which look like they filter larger contaminants, but not the fine contaminants) and the so-called "hypoallergenic filters" which I have not seen?

Are there better solutions available for those who may have allergies or living in areas where airborne dust, pollen, and dander abound?

All I have been offered is some knock-off of a ResMed filter manufactured by some company I am unfamiliar with, AG Industries who appears to be making headgear and chinstraps to replace the real ResMed product for Apria customers.

I remember my S8 Elite filter which had a coarse foam-like front and a finer cloth-like back.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FILTER BALONEY
Resmed makes a standard and hypoallergenic filter. You might search on Amazon for "resmed airsense hypoallergenic filter". For $7.47 you can get 10 of these with shipping and solve your problem for the next five years.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On second look, those are not OEM. Should be fine, but OEM filters are not easy to source. Supplier #14 sells OEM hypoallergenic filters for $7.99/4-pack.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Standard Resmed filters are the same fineness as the hypoallergenic filters made by AG Industries. The hypoallergenic Resmed filter is finer yet. I found improvement using EITHER the regular Resmed filters OR the hypoallergenic filters made by AG Industries. But, as mentioned, it's really hard to get those Resmed brand filters - the DMEs don't want to sell them because they get a lot more profit from the AG Industries ones.

The filter is primarily designed to protect the machine. In my experience with machines, the higher quality filters recommended by a manufacturer are worth every penny for extending the life of the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 118 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,876 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,183 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 911 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 25 5,805 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: JLRINCT
  AirSense 10 & 11 filter comparison ejbpesca 0 819 02-21-2023, 05:02 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.