Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap and Ear Problems
RE: Cpap and Ear Problems
(08-03-2012, 08:21 PM)big_dave Wrote: I ran into Eustacheon tube trouble a while back when I was experimenting with pressures, and I set my machine to straight CPAP with a fixed pressure of 12.2, my 95% pressure. I was able to solve the problem by using the ramp. You may also want to try EPR (expiratory pressure relief). My AHI was lousy on straight CPAP, so I set it back on auto.

Cheers for that Big-Dave, I have just downloaded ResScan but I have an S9 machine, so all I get is a record of sleep times (Which is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard!). My 95% Percentile is 13.5 cmH2o (An Autoset I used during a provent trial recorded Apnoeas at 16 cmh20. I do use Ramp now, I didn't before as my machine was an S6 and when the ramp kicked in on that it used to lift the mask off? As for EPR I think mines on Auto. Most Doctors seem to put mine and similar problems down to an underlying medical problem that is disclosed by Cpap, I don't agree with this generalisation. If I didn't have a problem before and I have it now, Cpap is the prime suspect.
I have been looking with interest at the 'Test' fittings on the bottom of my mask with a view of using these and feeding an equal pressure to my ears externally, I would be interested if anybody has any knowledge or input on this (Proposed?) method. Flying is a problem that I have as well, I take decongestants a couple of days before and always use 'Earplanes' ear plugs, taking off is bearable but landing is so uncomfortable for me I have avoided flying if I can, the noises in my ears are really painful!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
I am new to the board also, but i have been using cpap for almost five years now.
I have ringing in my ears for many years now, in fact that what was pushing me to see the Dr. anyway- no help with the ringing but oh,- by the way he snores and stops breathing. My wife tells the Dr.
Sleep study later- cpap!
five years later- new sleep study, new ResMed S-9. Good machine- much better than the S-8. Still ringing in the ears!!!!!! But i do sleep better.
hope that helps ya.
Phil
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2012, 01:37 PM)chevyguy2012 Wrote: five years later- new sleep study, new ResMed S-9. Good machine- much better than the S-8.
Hi chevyguy2012 welcome to the forum
The only data the S9 Escape (machine in profile) tells you is how many hours using the machine each night (insurance requirement) No efficacy data (AHI, leak, etc) to help you or your doc to figure whats going on. Talk to the doc asap might be able to helps exchanging the machine to S9 Elite or S9 AutoSet (No Escape in the name) otherwise nothing to check on the followup visit.

Post Reply Post Reply
One thing that is apparent is that here in the UK, after your initial diagnosis and you are 'Issued' with a Cpap machine, there isn't any follow up. There is no monitoring of your condition whatsoever, even if you want a new mask or straps etc, you phone the Sleep Clinic and are given a contact phone number for Resmed and replacements arrive by post within a day or two.
I cannot say it is like this all over the UK but it certainly is here in Oxford and that, which I believe is one of the 'Best' sleep units in the UK?????
After my initial diagnosis, I have probably been to the sleep Clinic, three or four times (All at my request) and this is in thirteen years?
The Sleep Clinic is 12 miles from where I live and Resmed about 9 miles?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,009 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,840 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,565 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 996 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.