Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth Breathing
RE: Mouth Breathing
The Wisp went back today. Along with the annoying leaks, I am also snoring. Haven't done that with the previous two masks.

Tried on several masks. One was obviously leaking badly. The DME rep was laughing and suggested we run the mask fit check. It gave the mask two thumbs up, no leaks, as both of watched my bangs blowing in the wind... good grief! So much for the machine's info!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mouth Breathing
What the machine is showing is leaks that it can't compensate for, not leaks that bother you. If the mask is leaking 10 litres of air a minute into your eyes and the machine can provide an additional 10 litres of air a minute (which it can) then your therapy (the pressure in your throat) is not compromised. Your comfort and ability to sleep is a completely different story! If the machine complains about leaking you have a serious leak problem indeed. Getting a mask that does not leak, or does not leak in a manner that disturbs you is an ongoing challenge for many of us.Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,172 10 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 39 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 383 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 318 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 241 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 810 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.