Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First time Bipap User, years of suffering
RE: First time Bipap User, years of suffering
Hi SleepyMersim. Another welcome to the forum. It would be helpful if you would post some data from Sleepyhead showing an overall night and some 5 to 10 minute snippets so that we can take a look to see if any tweaks are in order. As it is your AHI is great. You just might need more time but it wouldn't hurt for us to take a look. Be sure to delete any personal information from your posts. One more posting from you and you can put up some Sleepyhead data.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2016, 07:42 PM)Galactus Wrote: ... However, the short reality, for now, is after just two weeks, there's no reason to think it's anything beyond he needs some more time. ...

While I can support waiting a bit longer to see how the treatment is working, there is no harm in doing some reading on various self-help techniques for managing depression, as these are basically coping tools that may be used in a variety of situations. A simple Google search on "self help depression" results in numerous options.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2016, 08:49 PM)Beej Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 07:42 PM)Galactus Wrote: ... However, the short reality, for now, is after just two weeks, there's no reason to think it's anything beyond he needs some more time. ...

While I can support waiting a bit longer to see how the treatment is working, there is no harm in doing some reading on various self-help techniques for managing depression, as these are basically coping tools that may be used in a variety of situations. A simple Google search on "self help depression" results in numerous options.

I don't mean to be argumentative or anything, but when I first started it was stressful enough. I can be one of those people whose mind keeps going while doing other stuff, and it gets even more stressful at times. I do my best to subscribe to the theory of "When you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras". I prefer not to throw any wood on his fire, until there's a reason. I don't disagree with you that there's no harm physically in doing all the rest, but sometimes mentally it adds stress when all that is needed is a bit of reassurance, not any more worry.

Anecdotally, when my wife fell ill, and they sent her for CT with contrast and found something they told her everything it "could be", and all the available surgeries. It resulted in endless hours of Google searches, and the accumulated stress of what it "could be", and how bad the surgeries "could be". That and weeks of worry till the biopsies came back, and thank G-d it was ectopic tissue. When I think back to all the aggravation we endured over what it "could be", I wish someone had just said "At this point there's no cause for concern, let's wait to see the biopsies".
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Galactus, I echo the sentiment. When I begin treating a new patient I usually focus on having them know the positive outcomes from treatment and how many people successfully heal from their particular ailment. I also always give my "Don't be a google scholar" speech because these days patient's come in and know for sure that they "have something" when it's a simple ankle sprain, etc.
On my end, I'm really starting to notice the difference with using the machine regularly. One question, should I just take a screen shot of sleepyhead or post my data some other way? Last night AHI was 0.6, woohoo!!
Post Reply Post Reply
With a 0.6 AHI event rate, you don't need to post data, but the screenshot is the best way. These links describe the best way to organize the screenshot and method of linking from an off-site image host:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Be aware that if you use your real name in your profile, it will appear on the top left. Be sure to edit it out or use your online name as the profile name.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2016, 01:30 PM)SleepyMersim Wrote: Galactus, I echo the sentiment. When I begin treating a new patient I usually focus on having them know the positive outcomes from treatment and how many people successfully heal from their particular ailment. I also always give my "Don't be a google scholar" speech because these days patient's come in and know for sure that they "have something" when it's a simple ankle sprain, etc.
On my end, I'm really starting to notice the difference with using the machine regularly. One question, should I just take a screen shot of sleepyhead or post my data some other way? Last night AHI was 0.6, woohoo!!

It's very true, you have to keep the positive up. If and when they deliver some bad news you can always look it up then. When they diagnosed her with type II diabetes and gave her 5 different pills there was plenty of time to look it all up and decide whether diet and exercise would do it or if she really needed all the pills.

.06 is a nice number. You should post the sleepyhead data just to show others it can be done, and offer some encouragement. That's a good number and it's unlikely you need any serious help to improve. But just wait till you see 0.0 ahhhh it's so nice to see the goose eggs Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey all, here is a link to the night before's sleepyhead data
http://imgur.com/7xGNUR6
If anyone has any tips or if everything is fine, lemme know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Damn near perfect! That's a hold.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2016, 05:53 PM)SleepyMersim Wrote: Hey all, here is a link to the night before's sleepyhead data
http://imgur.com/7xGNUR6
If anyone has any tips or if everything is fine, lemme know.

Very nice **pat on back**
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 207 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 624 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 119 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 253 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 618 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.