Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Progress!
Progress!
Progress since 1 Sept:

Link to first post:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-newbie--14952

After advice from OpalRose and Maskup Sleepwell (thanks) I went to raise my Min APAP pressure and found that my machine had developed a fault and would not go into therapy mode (!). Machine returned and repaired. Pressure increased from 5 to first 7, then to 8. Here is my AHI journey over the past 7 months.
[Image: H0C5JKll.jpg]

As you can see, the improvement is not what you would call dramatic; more slow and steady with lots of fluctuation.
The situation has changed over the last 10 days as my AHI has suddenly become pretty stable between 3-4. I feel like I've "arrived" in some sense. (or at least "technically treated") It only took 7 months! Smile

Here's some data.
Some nights the pressure remains steady through the night (95% Press = 9.0):
[Image: l7Xbg1gl.jpg]

Other nights the pressure still rises & falls more.(95% Press = 10.8)
[Image: 0fZXhPGl.jpg]

Stats:
[Image: iL66iZNl.jpg]

From the monthly stats, the OA shows the most improvement, but CA and HA have also improved to a lesser extent.
Leaks continue to be an issue with my dreamwear nasal mask, but I think the pros (for me) outweigh the cons.

My 90% pressure is 9.7 (ave press 8.52) for the last 2 weeks. My APAP setting is currently 8-13 (with aflex x1 pressure relief).

Do you think I should narrow the range further? 8.5 - 12?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Progress!
I like the way you've graphed the trends instead of responding to a single night's results - I wish I had a dollar for every time I've told people to do that! Your trendline is definitely heading in the right direction. I don't know that there's anything to be gained by changing the maximum pressure as you machine never goes there anyway. But I would be inclined to bump up the minimum a bit further. With the EPR/flex in operation your effective pressure is starting around 6. This is too low to avoid flow limitations and the machine isn't responding in time to catch a lot of those hypopneas and obstructive apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply
That'd be a nice feature to have in Sleepyhead!

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi yossarian,
GREAT to hear you are progressing well with your CPAP therapy,! keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
OK thanks DeepBreathing, I'll change to 8.5-13 and post back in 2-3 weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at your results your choice of range seems very good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,462 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  So Much Progress! sleepygoo 0 340 10-17-2023, 09:53 AM
Last Post: sleepygoo
  SleepyRyans progress SleepyRyan 1 458 08-05-2023, 02:28 PM
Last Post: SleepyRyan
  [CPAP] stanleyjack cpap progress thread stanleyjack 58 3,768 05-21-2023, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] turbopenguin CPAP progress thread turbopenguin 14 1,079 04-14-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  No Progress: Merge Wperrott92 Therapy Thread Wperrott92 11 1,181 01-29-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Wperrott92
  Can someone look at my 45 day APAP progress data? Catherine416 4 843 01-26-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Catherine416

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.