Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help reading husbands charts -AHI very high - have sleepy head
RE: Help reading husbands charts -AHI very high - have sleepy head
That data is pretty convincing. Merry Christmas.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Let me just add that this graphic shows your husbands prescription has been changed many times. If you didn't do it , the doctor's office did. With all the prescription permutations, his best results were at 13 cm and resulted in 8.3 events per hour rather than the usual 20-30. He might do better at 14 cm pressure, but we won't know until we see it.

Your husband's breathing waveform suggests advanced congestive heart failure, and that's not something we can change, except to make him as comfortable as possible. I hope you will try to do that, even if his doctor's office is not interested. At least your doctor's office should offer to monitor his SpO2 to see how dangerous his nightly oxygen desaturations are. You are his only advocate. You will have to fight for this.
Worst case, we don't resolve the apnea with CPAP, but he gets supplemental O2.

[Image: dncrZ4Gl.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi - Duane's pressure was changed to 8cm as was suggested in Post 16. I see that pressure of 12 or 13 may be better but thought we could see what would happen at the lower 8 which is what was the original number when he started in February 2016.

His numbers are still not great - But the pie charts have changed. I have also made him a pillow backpack to wear to help him stay on his side.

On post 20 there is a reference to Cheyne- Strokes Respiration. I went back to his report from his original report from the sleep study on Dec. 17, 2015. It says there is NO cardiac arrhythmias, Cheyne-Stokes breathing, hypoventilation or periodic breathing were noted. I am going to email you a copy of that report for your advice.

All of the changes in his pressure settings have been because I call the Dr. office and tell them his AIH numbers are still high and the DreamMapper says I should contact his doctor. They then call for his report and will make the change. I would like to be able to learn to do the settings myself and I see that there is a guide that I can get from this board that could teach me how to do it.

Duane has had an oxygen overnight test and it showed his O2 is OK. So we discontinued his use of oxygen at night or at any time. The equipment was returned many months ago.

I do not remember how to send you his current readings. Please renew the process I need to follow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the bottom of post #22 for instructions on posting readings and graphs to Imgur. Congestive Heart Failure does not necessarily involve arrhythmias. Here is a list of many of the symptoms of CHF from the Mayo Clinic http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-condi...n-20029801 You can add Cheyne Stokes Respiration to the list as well. Has your husband seen a cardiologist lately? There are many treatments for CHF that could also reduce the Central Apnea.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
I hope he is comfortable. He deserves closer attention from professionals that should be looking to optimize his respiratory efficiency. I'll look at what you send.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi - Been a long time since on site. Husband is now on Bi-Pap. Can Sleepy Head be used? Need to enter the new info. I forgot how to use the site so struggling.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks to the advice of members of this group I have continued to request help for my husband. He is now on a bi-pap machine and seems to be doing good. BUT I cannot download the info from the card. Trying to get Sleepy head loaded again. For some reason it will not open. Nor will the Phillips Respironics program MyDreammapper allow me to download from his chip. I am frustrated again. Help!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Geez, FrustratedWife, that's gotta be pushing your frustration level over the top!  I would like to say that SleepyHead won't help your husband's apnea, he'll have to stick with his Bi-PAP — but I don't want to send you over the edge.

I'm no computer or SleepyHead (SH) expert — actually, no kind of expert.  So I'll just try to help from the perspective of the problems I've had or seen.  When you say that SH won't open do you mean that you get an error message, or does absolutely nothing happen?

What operating system (OS) is your computer running?  And have you upgraded any part of your computer or OS since SH was installed?

The typical problem of SH not opening has to do with the version of SH not being compatible with your OS but since you're trying to use an existing installation of SH, I'm thinking there's a different problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
First step is to get Sleepyhead running on your computer. What operating system (iOS or Windows) are you using? What happens when you try to open the program? Have you tried to open the Broken GL version? If all else fails a new beta version might work for you. I have a thread explaining that new software here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...STING-Beta
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Thanks   Today, Sept. 7th, I was able to find my previous SleepyHead program. I Also reregisterd the new BiPap machine.  But after doing that it says that model 1030X110 is not yet supported.    It said that JediMark needs a .zip copy of this machines' SD card and matching Encore .pdf reports to make it work with SleepyHead. --  ---  How in the heck would I do this?  I am no computer techi, I am 78 and trying to learn how to use this wonderful technology ---  But HELP can someone guide me through this process.  That is if it can be done on my computer.  I use a MacBook Pro.

(09-08-2018, 12:28 AM)FrustratedWife Wrote: Thanks Thanks   Today, Sept. 7th, I was able to find my previous SleepyHead program. I Also registerd the new BiPap machine.  But after doing that it says that model 1030X110 is not yet supported.    It said that JediMark needs a .zip copy of this machines' SD card and matching Encore .pdf reports to make it work with SleepyHead. --  ---  How in the heck would I do this?  I am no computer techi, I am 78 and trying to learn how to use this wonderful technology ---  But HELP can someone guide me through this process.  That is if it can be done on my computer.  I use a MacBook Pro.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 701 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,430 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.