Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Questions
RE: AHI Questions
It's still not where I'd like you to end up, but let this go another night or two so we have an idea if this improvement is going to stick, or it's one-off. I think we're going to continue to narrow the pressure from both sides and probably end up with a narrow range or close to a single fixed CPAP pressure. You seem to have a complex apnea issue, and CPAP may not be ideal, but we can try to optimize it as best we can. Also keep in mind, we commonly see these kinds of events diminish and resolve on their own as you adapt to the therapy, often without any changes in pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Sleeprider. Here are charts from the last four nights.
[Image: image.png]

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, you started at AHI near 11, and have settled at about 4 with a mix of central and obstructive events. This is a pretty significant improvement. There isn't much pattern to the remaining events, and with mixed events, like this getting consistently under 5 AHI is not a bad thing. There might be some advantages to a single fixed pressure to reduce the CA events, and let some OA occur, and I'm thinking that might be about 11.0 cm. I don't know how much OA will be allowed if we limit pressure increases, but if you're curious, I'm tempted to suggest trying it. The most important question is, how are you feeling with the current changes?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its not a miraculous recovery or anything but I'm not hitting that 1-2 PM wall at work where I can barely keep my eyes open. The first few nights I felt more rested than the last few nights (since adjusting to the tighter pressure range) when waking up.

Today I felt especially groggy and reluctant to get outta bed. I'm sure this is just a normal ebb and flow though. I still want to take a nap after work and I haven't mustered up enough energy to get some exercise in after work yet either, which I must do.

I think I'll try the static pressure as you suggested and see what happens. I am pleased with the reduction in AHI but if I review the AHI throughout the night I am still getting spikes where it goes up to 10 or more. I think if it was a more consistent number throughout the night I would not have sections in the night where I wake up and miss out on REM.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 147 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,593 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.