Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

docs
docs
I asked the ENT if he saw anything obstructive in my sinuses. Nope.
So, nothing to be done with those for the apnea.
*sigh*

I wrote the neurologist about the apnea concerns with the lamogitrine. His response was REM sleep is good and continue titrating the dose up.

I wrote the sleep doc and haven't gotten any response; it is a holiday period, so he may be taking time off.

It has been 7 days with the max pressure at 13 cm and last night's AHI was 5.7 on ResScan and 6.42 on SleepyHead. Time to go up another notch, I guess. How much should I increase at one time (the machine does increments of 0.2 cm).

ResScan overview

SleepyHead last night

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: docs
It depends on how much change you can tolerate. Some people find a 0.5 change a lot, some don't notice a 1.0 change.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK.

Previously, I'd found that sneaking up 0.2 cm at a time was pretty much undetectable from night to night. I hadn't tried a full cm of pressure. I'll see what it does.

And today is the first dose of lamogitrine at 100 mg.

Y'know, it says I'm in REM, but I never (maybe 6 times in decades) remember the dreams.

Post Reply Post Reply
Does your sleepyhead reports show/hint that you are waking during REM sleep ?

I have no trouble changing 2cm at a time. I started with very small changes and worked up to this without problems. But that is just me.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2016, 04:11 PM)Beej Wrote: Y'know, it says I'm in REM, but I never (maybe 6 times in decades) remember the dreams.

Generally dreams while in REM phase of sleep are not remembered unless you wake up while they are in progress.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2016, 06:50 AM)kwhenrykerr Wrote: Does your sleepyhead reports show/hint that you are waking during REM sleep ?...

That is when I'll get a run of numerous obstructive apneas, some hypopneas, RERAs, and some centrals, so yes, having some waking even if I don't know it.

Post Reply Post Reply
Had the SDHC card uploaded at the doc's office. He is of the opinion I should set it back to the original Rx of 7.00 CM with no other levels for a week. He thinks I was doing fine with that before I get the 2nd machine.

He also indicated that setting the pressure too high could suppress the respiratory drive.

Post Reply Post Reply
"could suppress the respiratory drive"

I was told that also. It has not suppressed the respiratory drive. I feel better.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
"could suppress the respiratory drive" == might lead to central apneas

Which is why the advice is to raise pressure slowly and check your charts for CAs, because raising pressure is how you eliminate the OAs -- and not everybody is susceptible to CAs with increasing pressure anyway
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2017, 10:02 PM)pholynyk Wrote: "could suppress the respiratory drive" == might lead to central apneas

Which is why the advice is to raise pressure slowly and check your charts for CAs, because raising pressure is how you eliminate the OAs -- and not everybody is susceptible to CAs with increasing pressure anyway

Good point, something to look for with Sleepyhead. Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go Sleep Docs! SleepyHenry 2 706 08-08-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: SleepyHenry
  200+ days in, no real improvement, docs have no clues. BobbyK 16 3,501 11-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medicare covered Codes - interesting docs and links for US icyura10 0 1,378 08-10-2016, 12:48 AM
Last Post: icyura10
  why do some need a docs script for a machine? space45 17 5,967 03-21-2014, 05:52 AM
Last Post: JimZZZ
  Technical, professional instruction for Docs to set APAP treatment herbm 13 5,558 02-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Last Post: JohnNJ
  Are docs trying to creep into CPAP biz Dawei 10 5,488 10-20-2012, 05:29 AM
Last Post: archangle
  Dealing with DMEs (& Docs) Dawei 4 3,814 05-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.