Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

poor memory
poor memory
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea 5 weeks ago I was having at least one or two days a week waking up confused and unable to think or speak clearly for a few minutes . My memory was also getting pretty bed. This has improved a little but still having vacant moments and poor memory will this get better? has anyone else experienced this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: poor memory
Getting a good night's sleep will help a lot of things and my feeling is that it may well help a flagging memory. Do not know this for a fact but I think it helped my memory. One thing to remember is that apnea is not the only thing that can affect your sleep.

Welcome to the board and maybe there are some on the board with experiences closer to yours who can comment.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 999calls,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Getting sleep apnea treated will help with many things.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep I had the same things going on all due to my O2 dropping into the low 60r.
First night on the machine this was gone because my 02 stayed up.
Your profile lists everything as unsure.
Respectfully you need to get sleepy head and get sure about your machine, ahi level, etc.

Your treatment is obviously not dealing with your apnea or the memory loss ,confusion, speaking issues would be cleared up after the first night or two.
Post Reply Post Reply
Poor sleep and low oxygen can cause lots of problems. Get your equipment working and find out how to use Sleepyhead on your computer. I would also get an oxygen monitor to wear while sleeping. Get one that will work with Sleepyhead.

Use this fourm to learn how to use and understand what is going on. The more you know the better you will be able to help your doctor to help you.

You are the one that must take charge.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 248 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Poor sleep quality and how it affects you p123 6 870 02-01-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: glenncol
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 515 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Poor sleep quality because of CA events? Hypoxic 20 1,209 12-20-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 624 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 852 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Could anyone help with my recent poor quality of sleep? invainn 5 541 12-16-2023, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.