Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead UF1 and UF2
Sleepyhead UF1 and UF2
I have my OA and H under control, 1.51 per Sleepyhead but I also noticed a thing called User Flag and was looking for what it is and what does it really mean?

UF2 is defined as Flow reduction of 50% and duration of 8 seconds.
The standard definition of a Hyponea is a reduction of 50% for 10 seconds, so is this a short Hyponea?

[Image: AxstCxtm.png]
[Image: vNQqTcmm.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead UF1 and UF2
I have mine set to the standard 10 seconds. I also renamed their labels FR20 and FR50 so I remember what they represent. From what I can remember about there twp parameters is that they report breathing patterns that are not recorded as an event by the CPAP but can affect sleep. Basically, they are "mini-apneas".

Here is a link to a thread that got into this subject:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...s-the-bomb

I hope it may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead UF1 and UF2
As the name suggests they are flags set by the user (ie you). You can set the duration and flow reduction parameters to more or less anything you like. eg if you suspect you are having a lot of short duration events which don't qualify as apneas (by definition 10 seconds or more) you could set UF durations of say 5 and 8 seconds.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.