Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to get prescription for auto-BiPAP machine?
RE: How to get prescription for auto-BiPAP machine?
Dude! I have the same machine (DS760). The only reason I'm using the Resmed is that is what the insurance got me, and I'm waiting for the 1-year usage to get by in February. I personally prefer the 60 Series BiPAP Auto for its variable PS and 12 volt power. Smartstart and other features of the Dreamstation are not much use to me. Dreamstation models are shorter, but the footprint is still pretty large.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try sleeping for only about an hour in both of your sleep tests. That's what worked for me, lol. After the second one doc just wrote me a prescription for the fanciest one. In the end, I don't have a big pressure differential (my profile on the left is not right, it's higher now) and I could probably switch to a normal CPAP without issues. The most important thing is getting on the machine!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 07:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Dude! I have the same machine (DS760). The only reason I'm using the Resmed is that is what the insurance got me, and I'm waiting for the 1-year usage to get by in February. I personally prefer the 60 Series BiPAP Auto for its variable PS and 12 volt power. Smartstart and other features of the Dreamstation are not much use to me. Dreamstation models are shorter, but the footprint is still pretty large.

Alright, alright, ALRIGHT!!! I believe you, I will not look anymore, I will shred the manual I asked for if and when it comes, I will rinse my eyes with bleach, and see no more dreamstation advertisements.
Okay
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2017, 06:26 PM)rbwilli Wrote: There's only one of the particular model I'm interested in on Craigslist right now, and it's 900 miles away. I'll keep checking periodically!

Might want to try offerup.com

Way more machines than CL in my area.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 124 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 381 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Prescription settings AfibApnea 12 795 11-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: AfibApnea
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,340 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.