Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to get prescription for auto-BiPAP machine?
RE: How to get prescription for auto-BiPAP machine?
BiPAP-S - BiPAP pro and VPAP-S. All are fixed pressure bilevel. Set the IPAP and EPAP. There is no PS setting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2017, 06:26 PM)rbwilli Wrote: Sleeprider:
Good to know regarding the variable pressure support! What's "BiPAP S"?

Galactus:
There's only one of the particular model I'm interested in on Craigslist right now, and it's 900 miles away. I'll keep checking periodically!

trish6hundred:
Thank you! This seems like a pretty great site and online community. Smile

If it's anywhere near PA shoot me a PM and I'll help you out if you want. If you're searching CL make sure to spell all the words wrong too because these guys haven't a clue how to list them. You find the best deals listed under "breathing machine" and dumb stuff like that.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2017, 09:57 PM)Galactus Wrote: If it's anywhere near PA shoot me a PM and I'll help you out if you want. If you're searching CL make sure to spell all the words wrong too because these guys haven't a clue how to list them. You find the best deals listed under "breathing machine" and dumb stuff like that.

Haha! Thanks for the generous offer, but it was in Detroit. I've been able to aquire a DreamStation BiPAP Pro in the meantime, so I'll probably just use that for a while unless I find myself in a position to get a DreamStation Auto BiPAP (e.g., if one of my doctors becomes willing to write me a prescription for it).
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 08:10 AM)rbwilli Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 09:57 PM)Galactus Wrote: If it's anywhere near PA shoot me a PM and I'll help you out if you want. If you're searching CL make sure to spell all the words wrong too because these guys haven't a clue how to list them. You find the best deals listed under "breathing machine" and dumb stuff like that.

Haha! Thanks for the generous offer, but it was in Detroit. I've been able to aquire a DreamStation BiPAP Pro in the meantime, so I'll probably just use that for a while unless I find myself in a position to get a DreamStation Auto BiPAP (e.g., if one of my doctors becomes willing to write me a prescription for it).

I'm happy to help, you wouldn't be the first person I've helped, just doing what I can for my fellow apniacs. Admittedly I haven't looked into the new names of the machines, and or how they differ. Dreamstation BiPAP Pro vs Dreamstation Auto BiPAP, what would be the difference? Local I see a "GENTLY USED BIPAP AUTO DREAMSTATION" Is that also different? I guess I should look up the names, might do that later, I have been woefully lagging behind on checking out the new units. You know how it goes though when you find something that works you don't always want to change just because there is a new model. Though I must say this one looks smaller than my machine. I wonder if it's any better....
Post Reply Post Reply
No difference between the System One and Dreamstaion BiPAP Auto has been documented or claimed other than form factor and several comfort features.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 10:46 AM)Galactus Wrote: Local I see a "GENTLY USED BIPAP AUTO DREAMSTATION" Is that also different?

You were right about mixing up the search terms! I had been searching more rigidly.

I'm not sure, but I guess there are different models of the DreamStation and only some of them have a humidifier? (The one in the CL post doesn't appear to have one, or the ability to attach one like my DreamStation BiPAP Pro does.) I think I should have one with a humidifier in case I need it; I have a history of nosebleeds following two nasal surgeries. (One to correct a deviated septum and the other to reduce my turbinates, both with the hope of breathing better through my nose, which seems to have mostly worked.)

I'm going to try the DreamStation BiPAP Pro for a little while and see whether I can even tolerate it. I'll let you know if I could ever use your help with a CL purchase. Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 01:51 PM)rbwilli Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 10:46 AM)Galactus Wrote: Local I see a "GENTLY USED BIPAP AUTO DREAMSTATION" Is that also different?

You were right about mixing up the search terms! I had been searching more rigidly.

I'm not sure, but I guess there are different models of the DreamStation and only some of them have a humidifier? (The one in the CL post doesn't appear to have one, or the ability to attach one like my DreamStation BiPAP Pro does.) I think I should have one with a humidifier in case I need it; I have a history of nosebleeds following two nasal surgeries. (One to correct a deviated septum and the other to reduce my turbinates, both with the hope of breathing better through my nose, which seems to have mostly worked.)

I'm going to try the DreamStation BiPAP Pro for a little while and see whether I can even tolerate it. I'll let you know if I could ever use your help with a CL purchase. Thanks again!

My search includes all the silly misspellings like CPAT and CTAP, etc, lol.

That machine does have a Humidifier (heated), I just didn't type past that part, as I wondered if the names varied. I wouldn't even consider a machine without a humidifier these days, you have to be crazy.

Sure, if you ever need my help, just holler, don't mind helping.

All the best in your trials.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 11:57 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: No difference between the System One and Dreamstaion BiPAP Auto has been documented or claimed other than form factor and several comfort features.

You always have the best info, thanks! So what comfort features am I potentially missing out on? If you don't mind elaborating for me who is too lazy to Google.
Post Reply Post Reply
Get the manual. They are very similar. and nothing you're going to miss.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Just want to make me work for it don't you? Ok, I'll get the manual (though I believe you when you say likely nothing I'll miss). It looks flatter and bigger but shorter, and I'm not sure how I feel about the screen on the side. Reminds me of an old clock actually I had when I was a child.

So wait there's a Bipap Pro and an Auto Bipap? Why would you have a bipap and not have auto? Or am I missing something....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,049 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 216 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 159 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 348 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 402 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 624 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  bipap Innisfree 2 452 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.