Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI up on Dreamwear mask
RE: AHI up on Dreamwear mask
(03-01-2017, 11:16 AM)joelbriere Wrote: Hmm. I wonder if one of those settings would make any difference, one thing I've noticed is that my Dreamwear flows a LOT more air volume than my P10, causing it to vent way more and when it does leak, it leaks a lot worse. I would like to fine tune it as it's a way more comfortable option for me.

I would encourage you to use a smaller nose cushion and perhaps a smaller head cushion (whatever that silicon thing is called).  That cleared up my leaks, and now it fits superbly. I went from a Large nasal cushion to a Medium, despite the fact that I measure for a Large or Medium-Wide.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI up on Dreamwear mask
The mask type on Resmed machines and the "resistance" setting on PR machines are just what PR calls them. They are for the pressure drop caused by the various types of masks. Knowing this and the pressure drop caused by your hose (hose type setting) they can get the set pressure to your airway.

So if you are using a full face mask with the mask type set for a nasal pillows mask, you will be getting a higher pressure than what is set. With an auto machine, unless the range is set restrictively, it should not make a lot of difference because the machine will find the best pressure for you despite what the numerical designation of that pressure is. The only thing it will do is to shift your range some.

Best Regards,

Paytona

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 293 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 332 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 512 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 582 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
  Modifying DREAMWEAR silicone nasal pillow mask xaid 2 716 07-01-2023, 11:33 AM
  Dreamwear pillow mask fit. frame too small? jerop 6 755 05-19-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.