Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 menu item: Pressure Relief vs. EPR
ResMed AirSense 10 menu item: Pressure Relief vs. EPR
For the ResMed AirSense 10 model, the main (simple) menu has a setting for "Pressure Relief" with On, or Off choices.

In the more advanced, 'Clinical Settings' menu, there is EPR On/Off with EPR Level settings.  How do these two configuration items work together? (If at all.)  It seems if you turn EPR On/Off it doesn't affect the Pressure Relief setting.   Does "Pressure Relief" simply equate to EPR on/off?

Curious!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 menu item: Pressure Relief vs. EPR
I believe Pressure Relief and EPR are the exact same things. The clinical menu offers more choices.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR on or off turns on or off the pressure relief.

In the advanced settings for EPR (Levels 1-3):
1 is 1 cm H2O pressure (EPAP) relief below your current pressure, 2 is 2 cm's below and 3 is 3 cm's below. 1 gives the least amount of pressure relief, 3 gives the most.

Yes, EPR is the same as Pressure Relief.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi darianmiller,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If EPR is the same as pressure relief then ResMed has a bug in their software. When I turn pressure relief off in the settings, the clinical settings for EPR still say ON.
Should the settings be in sync if they are the same thing?
Post Reply Post Reply
One is a patient setting the other is a clinician setting. Turning it on in the Clinician settings makes it available for the patient. As the patient, you can still toggle it on/off providing the Essentials Plus mode is also enabled.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently got a ResMed AirSense 10.  (My previous machine was a Respironics System One.)

I did not care for the pressure relief feature in the Respironics.  I mentioned this to the technician when I picked up the AirSense machine.  She helpfully switched it off in the patient menu.

When I got home and tested the machine some more, it sure seemed like it was trying too hard to anticipate my breathing.  That's something I find very irritating and that I associated previously with EPR.  But we had set it to off!

I checked the clinician's menu and, huh, look at this:  EPR is "on."  Eh!?

I turned it off there and the machine definitely seemed to behaved differently.  When I went back to the patient menu, I discovered that the "Pressure Relief" menu item was nowhere to be found.

So it looks like there is 'pressure relief off, but not really (and we aren't telling you)' and then there is 'pressure relief off (REALLY!).'

Odd
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,713 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 156 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,591 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.