Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Almost at my 1 year mark - Centrals Question
Almost at my 1 year mark - Centrals Question
I am almost at my 1 year mark and am still having poor sleep and daytime fatigue. I will be going back to my sleep doctor and wanted to gather some thoughts and questions to bring up. I am still puzzling over my centrals which, at the time they said, did not matter and would go away.

1. My averages according to Sleepy Head

1 yr  AHI = 4.26, OA = 1.16, Hypo = .50, Central = 2.59. Avg Leak Rate = .51

6 months AHI = 4.21,  OA = 1.21, Hypo = .56, Central = 2.43, Avg Leak Rate = 1.75

30 days AHI = 3.72,  OA = .84, Hypo = .47, Central = 2.39, Avg Leak Rate = 1.12

I am using a biPap Resmed Aircurve V10 Auto and Swift FX Nano For her
EPA 4
IPAP: 9.4
PS = 4
VpapAuto

We had to lower the pressure so much because of severe aeropaghia and ear pain.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Almost at my 1 year mark - Centrals Question
What was your apnea index during your sleep study?

I wouldn't worry about the centrals -- at least by the numbers.

I would question the benefit of a bilevel auto machine at such low pressure.

If you are still tired after a year, are there other medical conditions that come into the picture?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
If the CI is staying below 5, there is nothing to worry about. It happens with almost all of us. If it ever starts to get above 5 and stay there, then there is reason for concern.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Within the bounds of your tolerance for comfort due to aerophagia, there are some basic principles you can apply. OA is generally better controlled through higher EPAP. CA can sometimes be reduced by lowering pressure support. With these principles in mind, very small increases in EPAP with small decreases in IPAP may bring you closer to a quiet, refreshing sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 373 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,769 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,591 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 116 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,455 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 229 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 406 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.