Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD cards for ResScan software
SD cards for ResScan software
I just received my new S9 Autoset yesterday. I have the ResScan software so I was able to read the card from last night. After the supplier request to SD card for compliance, can I use any type of SD card or does it need to be one from ResMed?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD cards for ResScan software
Hi JR - welcome to Apnea Board!

If you have a newer S9 unit, it will probably work with most any SD card. They don't need to be a specific brand at all (ie- ResMed).. There was some opinions that the first run of S9s would only work with the older standard SD cards (1-2 GB cards) and not the newer, higher capacity and higher-speed SDHC cards.

But I think the consensus is that it should work with any SD, period.

There's a discussion about these cards in the Commercial Posts forum, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...emory-Card

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Jr.. welcome
An SD card is a SD card no matter whos name is printed on it. I replaced the SD card that came with mine early on, as the one that came with my CPAP was a measily 512kb and had a low transfer speed rate. I had several 2GB SD cards with higher transfer speeds for my digital cameras and they work better then the one that came with the CPAP. A 2GB SD card will probably take longer to fill-up then your machine will last. Very little bytes of info are placed on the card nightly.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thnaks everyone!

I went out and bought a standard SD card, and it read the machine's data just fine. Thanks again for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2012, 12:50 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: Jr.. welcome
An SD card is a SD card no matter whos name is printed on it. I replaced the SD card that came with mine early on, as the one that came with my CPAP was a measily 512kb and had a low transfer speed rate. I had several 2GB SD cards with higher transfer speeds for my digital cameras and they work better then the one that came with the CPAP. A 2GB SD card will probably take longer to fill-up then your machine will last. Very little bytes of info are placed on the card nightly.

From other people who have posted here before, I have read that no matter what size SD card you use, the S9 limits how many days of detailed data it will store on the card. In other words, the software in the machine limits the amount stored, and not the size of the card.
Not wanting to lose any data, I haven't tested their statements. I download my data to my computer once a week.

Perhaps, those who have tried larger SD cards could comment on whether they see any increase in the number of days of detailed data storage on the card or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2012, 12:35 PM)BabyDoc Wrote: I have read that no matter what size SD card you use, the S9 limits how many days of detailed data it will store on the card.
Correct. The S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)
7 days of high resolution flow data
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Post Reply Post Reply
I got one on Amazon (2GB) for 5 or 6 Dollars just to have a extra one took just a few daysSleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jr., WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you all filled out the survey that the admin requested? It doesn't take much time and I really think it will help them.

http://www.apneaboard.net/polls/index.ph...16&lang=en
Post Reply Post Reply
The situation is better than it used to be, but it's not uncommon for a particular model of device and SD card to not coexist peacefully, even when another model SD card of the exact same specs doesn't work.

However, most SD cards seem to work in most CPAP machines. They're cheap enough that if you find one that doesn't work, you're not out a lot of money. Of course, you want to check that it works before you lose a lot of data.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 636 8 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 95 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 375 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 436 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.