Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD cards for ResScan software
RE: SD cards for ResScan software
Certain electronics made to use an SD Ramcard will only accept a given size. For instance, the earlier Tom Tom GPS units would work ONLY with 2GB cards, no smaller and no larger. Period. I have a reasonably early S9 and it uses anything I throw into it; thus far I have used up to 32GB I believe. However as stated earlier, regardless of the size of the SD Ramcard inserted, the data recorded is finite and limited.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD cards for ResScan software
(08-21-2012, 05:23 PM)archangle Wrote: The situation is better than it used to be, but it's not uncommon for a particular model of device and SD card to not coexist peacefully, even when another model SD card of the exact same specs doesn't work.

However, most SD cards seem to work in most CPAP machines. They're cheap enough that if you find one that doesn't work, you're not out a lot of money. Of course, you want to check that it works before you lose a lot of data.

I believe that because these are medical devices they probably fall into a different category when it comes to applying the IEEE standards to the "computer portion" of the unit. I'm betting down the line we will probably see the manufacturers settle down and start becoming a bit better with going with computer industry standards. At that point we should not have to worry about what cards we use or whatever.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.