Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 Pulse Dose and Data Questions
RE: DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 Pulse Dose and Data Questions
Thanks Apneaway,

I really appreciate your response.

Did you get the Pulse Dose attachment?  Not sure from your posting.  Of course you have a warm room, so may not be an issue.

I have night time temps down to 15 deg Celsius (60 F), and so far in testing have only had a moisture issue on one night, when I left humidity very high.  A hose cosy might have helped me out, and I am sure a heated hose would have helped.

Have you noticed any difference in the response to events?  Many people here state that the Resmed algorithm responds quicker than the Philips DreamStation.  As a DreamStation user do you feel that the Devilbiss is similar, better, worse, or can you notice it?  If you use it for several days, would your charts show and increase in your AHI or the duration of them?

Are there any other reasons you would not consider it as a primary machine?  (Other than water filling and heated hose that you already mentioned)

Thanks again for whatever feedback you can provide.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Snoopy. Anytime. Thanks to this forum so we all can share helpful hints together.

I didn't get the Pulse Dose version. As I said I'd been exchanging emails with Matt. He said the standard one in room temperature should be good. Also I'm reluctant to pay extra $180 for a feature that I might not actually need. You can email him and ask if you need the option in a 15C room temperature. A high humidity setting will also cause condensation. Another option is to use CPAP hose tubing cover or tubing wrap cover. [commercial link removed]

I only use the IntelliPAP 2 for a couple of days and I found I don't have any problem in inhale/exhale compare to my DS. I will say the Flex algorithm in the machine is doing quite good. I actually feel quite good after waking up in the morning. 

And as I said I don't use it as my primary device. I bought it for backup (in case my DS is broken) and portability (will be on a trip later). So no point using a portable regularly while the DS is still functioning. Basically I save it for traveling. Other than what I said the unit is good for regular use.

It supports sending apnea clinic data to the cloud at mysmartlinkcloud.com. You can check your AHI-CAI-Pressure etc. at intellipap.com and input 1-7-30-90 day smartcodes (generated from machine) to have day by day data.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Snoopy,
The nose pillows seem fine. I am not as stuffed up as i can get sometimes with a cold, but so far so good. Time will tell how it works with extreme congestion. And I'm very curious about that myself. The Software has some quirks, and I will get a review posted about it early next week.

Analog
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Analog and Apneaway,

Your reviews and comments are much appreciated.

So much help here on the board.  Really happy to have found it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 211 58 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 382 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 179 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,486 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Added an O2/Pulse meter to my therapy: Phaleronic 21 669 04-04-2024, 11:21 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 156 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 251 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.