Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] New cpap user 2 weeks into this mask questions
New cpap user 2 weeks into this mask questions
Hi everyone I am a new CPAP user diagnosed with a 27 AHI from sleep study.  I am on an air sense 10 auto with humidifier.

I have the following masks.
Fisher Pakel Simplus
Resmed Airsense F20

I felt i did pretty good for a while now I seem to be waking up during the night with a mask leak or like that bubble of air trickling out under the corner of the mask when this happens it seems the pressure is somewhere in the 11 and 14 when i look at the machine during this.  

Any ideas would be great on mask seal issues. Is this common to see some leaks at those pressures.   The leaks seem to happen at that bottom corner where the crease in the lips flow to the rest of the face.  Ive tightened mask but getting uncomfortable.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New cpap user 2 weeks into this mask questions
You could be over tightening the mask causing it to leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
I have been putting on and running the mask fit and didn't leak for that.  My impression was mask test would run up to max pressure
Post Reply Post Reply
I run the same pressure range as you but usually don't have serious leaks. when I do, it is usually because I've somehow moved the mask or my mouth has dropped open to the point that the lower seal is incomplete. I'm considring a chin strap or soft cervical collar to prevent that.

Are you sure your mask was sized properly. My DME is extremely casual about mask sizing. If you google your mask you can probably find a printable sizing template.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jcdwing,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask sizing templates are available in the wiki article Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2017, 09:48 AM)bonjour Wrote: Mask sizing templates are available in the wiki article Mask Primer

Hi Bonjour.  I can't find the F20 sizing template in that (excellent) wiki.  Is it the same as the F10?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 152 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,492 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,484 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.