Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any Apnea Apps best, that work?
RE: Any Apnea Apps best, that work?
(03-17-2017, 04:48 AM)Wrz77 Wrote: This is the form my pulmonologist specializing in sleep disorders gave me to fill out before the initial consult: http://sleepapnea.org/wp-content/uploads...990-97.pdf
That's known as the 'Epworth Sleepiness Scale' and when scored is used to tentatively determine sleep disorders and whether or not a polysomnography is needed.

You add up the numbers for the total score and then use this to determine what bracket you fit into. However, this test just determines whether you abnormally sleep or not, it's not on its own capable of diagnosing sleep apnea. For reference, I had a score of '13' on mine, and ended up being diagnosed with mild OSA from a sleep study.

"0-7:It is unlikely that you are abnormally sleepy.
8-9:You have an average amount of daytime sleepiness.
10-15:You may be excessively sleepy depending on the situation. You may want to consider
seeking medical attention.
16-24:You are excessively sleepy and should consider seeking medical attention."

Interesting - I hadn't seen this form before, so I gave it a whack.  Thinking back to before my diagnosis of OSA with an untreated AHI of 58, I would have only scored a 6 on this test. While daytime sleepiness might be a good positive indicator, a lack of it is apparently not a very good negative indicator.  Interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any Apnea Apps best, that work?
Snorelab will record the audio side of your night's sleep but you will have to pay for the version that records all night. I can't see the point of using it as it provides no real data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 74 9 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 622 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,371 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 752 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  RESMED S9 Smart Stop does not work Taxifahrt 20 13,321 05-14-2023, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Patt1
  High AHI, Extreme Fatigue, Cannot get CPAP or BiPap to work exchanged 2 599 04-28-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: exchanged

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.