Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Would 2 12V batteries in series avoid need for Resmed''s (A10) converter
Would 2 12V batteries in series avoid need for Resmed''s (A10) converter
Am guessing it isn't that simple and don't  remember reading an answer among the numerous posts about backup power.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Would 2 12V batteries in series avoid need for Resmed''s (A10) converter
You need the Resmed Airsense 10 DC power converter to run your machine from a battery, and the battery output needs to be 12 volt. The converter upconverts the power to24 volt, but more importantly, it includes a proprietary signal on the center pin. The machine will not run without the OEM connector. So nice idea, but it's been covered, and unless you're a really geeky electrical engineer that wants to hack a cable, it isn't worth it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 277 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Using EGO lawnmower batteries to run a biPAP HalfAsleep 11 245 04-03-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  A slightly different way to avoid chin tucking Deborah K. 4 1,061 12-12-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 612 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,089 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Philips Bipap auto sv advanced series one keithy62 5 619 03-23-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is in-lab titration study needed for higher-risk patient who wants to avoid COVID? DevinJones 19 1,486 03-11-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: DevinJones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.