Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CA's became more apparent after moving to Autoset
Question 
CA's became more apparent after moving to Autoset
My Sleep Study showed mainly CA's at a little over 10AHI. I started on a S10 Elite and it showed mainly OA's. My AHI went up to about 14. I was moved to an Autoset, but now am seeing all CA's on my report. I am wondering what you think should be my next move. Also haven't posted yet, so would love some guidance in what reports you would like to see to help.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CA's became more apparent after moving to Autoset
What setting are you using for EPR? Turn it off to reduce CA, especially in your case. If CA continues, then the diagnosis might have been correct and you have central or complex apnea requiring an ASV machine.

For reports, use the links in my signature to post #Sleepyhead data. Looks like you're already using the software, and the links show how to organize and post it. For now, it would help to know what average pressure and 90% pressure the Autoset is delivering, what the AHI breakdown is, and your EPR settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It won't let me post links or images? What is a good way around the limitation?

Also EPR is off. Was on before Autoset, but not turned on in the new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
ht tp://imgur.com/6y1qcPL.png
ht tp://imgur.com/kY4fWxf.png
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2017, 12:05 PM)olemarc Wrote: ht tp://imgur.com/6y1qcPL.png
ht tp://imgur.com/kY4fWxf.png

Two very different results, the first with mixed apnea, the second mostly obstructive.  The first one is based on 20/5 APAP with 0-EPR average pressure of 10.6, 95% at 12.1; and the second at fixed pressure 6/4. 

Wow, this is kind of tough.  Would you be willing to try CPAP mode at 8 cmH2O and no EPR?  

[Image: 6y1qcPL.png]
[Image: kY4fWxf.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi olemarc,WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 194 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 655 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 433 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Apparent worsening of symptoms during minor illness TryingToGetItRight 0 270 09-18-2023, 11:39 PM
Last Post: TryingToGetItRight
  Apnoea when moving between sleep stages? lindylou 2 468 08-11-2023, 12:37 AM
Last Post: lindylou
  [Treatment] Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization koala1 101 7,402 05-27-2023, 03:52 AM
Last Post: koala1
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,452 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.