Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is it helpful to wear Cpap during day while i'm at my desk
Is it helpful to wear Cpap during day while i'm at my desk
My blood pressure is at like 103 .. right now

i've read that anything over 65 is below average right?

Would maybe wearing my Auto cpap during day help?  while i'm at my desk working?  I work from home so.. 

I'm about to get a sleep study soon / not had one but think i prob have somewhat severe case I suspect.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is it helpful to wear Cpap during day while i'm at my desk
A normal blood pressure reading is 120/80.

Are you sure your talking blood pressure or pulse rate?

The only advantage to wearing it during the day for an hour or so is to try and get used to the feel of it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe clarify the BP systolic and systolic numbers and pulse, and explain the nexus to CPAP. Wearing CPAP during the day would not be helpful unless you're napping, then it's a great idea. It's called sleep disordered breathing for a reason. If you have pulmonary issue during the day, that is a different problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh sorry i meant to say my pulse rate has bee like 120 when waking up

and around 90 to 100.. My Bpm.. Beats per minute using my oxygen finger thing

and my oxygen has been around 93 for most part.. at bare miniumum of healthy.. 93

boy should i get on oxygen.

I had surgery about a month ago and think i might have a case of chest congestion from tube and also being a light cigaretter smoker.
I just read that pulse can become high if fighting a chest infection so
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are struggling after having surgery, don't diagnose yourself. See your doctor to make sure all is ok and be sure to tell him/her of your high pulse rate in the morning.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mike, what is your setup now. Last we heard from you, the plan was to buy a new machine. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid196205
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What was the surgery?

The negative effect of smoking on SPO2 is well proven so maybe look to that first.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 153 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Cannot get my mother to wear a cervical collar: Phaleronic 5 362 01-28-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ASV Not Helpful? itchy365 2 438 07-21-2023, 12:07 PM
Last Post: itchy365
  Best way to wear finger/ring oximeter (eg O2Ring) DavidEsp 7 1,271 04-09-2023, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ferrus
Question CPAP machine wear indicators FredH 4 1,009 11-26-2020, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Dream wear full face mask Keithp1960 24 2,609 06-13-2020, 12:24 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [split] ResMed AirFit F30 - Helpful Tips Big Guy 34 6,311 05-03-2020, 07:02 PM
Last Post: freddyfl209

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.