Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Voltage Issue on Dreamstation?
Voltage Issue on Dreamstation?
Alright. A brief introductions. I have apnea. I also have a bi-lateral paralyzed diaphragm, and also have Pompe Disease. The Dreamstation has helped me sleep through the night and it has been a constant companion considering I can't even sit in a comfortable plush chair without it on. 

I have had it since 2/2016, and have travelled with it to Las Vegas once, and to a hospital nearby twice to have it checked. Each of these times, the pressure is stronger than it is at home. The air pressure is obviously higher in Vegas as it's much higher above sea level than Ohio is. 

However, the sudden and noticeable drop in pressure has me worried. Ordinarily I'd think it was just me adjusting to it, but I can take the mask off and feel the air coming out of the hose and know that's not normal pressure. It's much lighter than what it ought to be. Almost like a clog in the hose or a hole. But I can see nor feel any leaks, the hose is brand new and there's nothing obstructing airflow. 

It's plugged into a normal wall socket on the bottom tap with a subwoofer for my home theater hooked into the top one. 

Is there a voltage issue causing the decrease in pressure? 

Bear in mind the pressure was fine at both the hospital and the company that issued it to me. It's all I can come up with unless you know of something else I'm missing.

I still sleep through the nights, although my AHI is up to a 5.0-5.7 from 2.2-2.7. 

Any assistance anyone can bring would be most helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Voltage Issue on Dreamstation?
It could be the CPAP has changed, but I would think your condition would be a lot more suited to BiPAP where inhale and exhale pressure are different. If you have a DME supplier, they can check the pressure settings for your machine. All considered I'd talk to the doctor about bilevel which can do a significant part of the respiratory effort for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a BiPAP. Apologies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jhick09,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post, good luck to you with your CPAP therapy and also with getting your machine problem straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it an ASV capable BiPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
Jhick, we can nail this down if you would read the model number on the machine. It is a Dreamstation DSX#00T11. What is the # digit?

Also, please download #sleepyhead software. It is free and will show you the recorded pressure and events every night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a DSX700S11.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a good auto BiPAP. I have the older System One version of the same machine. It is capable of delivering auto EPAP, IPAP and variable pressure support. This may be why you sense less pressure. Data would be a big help in narrowing this down, and your machine is supported by #Sleepyhead. To help further, what are your settings?
Mode:
EPAP min
IPAP max
PS min
PS max

When you sense a "loss in pressure" it is very possible, the machine is using a lower pressure support (PS), so knowing the range for settings is key. Looking at the data before and after you sensed this change would probably tell us exactly what it is.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
You have a woofer plugged into that same spot. Have you unplugged the woofer, and tried your machine? Have you plugged it into other outlets in your house? Have you tried it at a neighbor's house? Or across town?

Woofers can draw a lot of electricity.

But surely you're not listening to music while you're sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's in standby mode (like most modern electronics are) when I'm experiencing the pressure drop off. Yes, I actually moved it off of a UPS power strip with battery back up because it was messing with the operation of the bipap. The manufacturer recommends placing it on it's own. I wouldn't imagine anything in standby draws that much power. 

However, I have run it other places and it does seem normal. I think through process of elimination I've discovered it is likely a power issue. Put it on a different outlet during my nap this afternoon and the pressure was much stronger. It didn't waver, either.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 44 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 667 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.