Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice from the more experienced
RE: Need advice from the more experienced
Hi tzk321. There's something screwy with the time reporting. For some reason SleepyHead isn't giving the hours and minutes on the charts, but it looks like you slept from midnight till early morning, then again in the afternoon until 7pm. Is this correct? Alternatively the time in your machine may be set to the wrong timezone. If you haven't done so, request the clinician manual (link at the top of this page) and check that the time is set correctly.

Regarding your apneas etc, it looks like obstructive apnea is very well controlled, but you are having quite a few central apneas. Looking back to your previous attachment, this looks like it started in December - can you recall if there were any significant changes at that time (apart from the seasonal over-indulgence we all seem to be guilty of)? Also, December is the time your machine started recording the pressures and other details - my guess is that you didn't have an SD card in the machine until then - is that right?
Post Reply Post Reply
DB and tzk321 - I'm pretty sure there is a bug in SleepyHead regarding the leak and pressure statistics. I see the same zeroes in my own data on the statistics page, and yet it is all there on the overview chart page. It's worth doing the cross-check.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done on posting your data. This is why we try not to guess at what is going on. You are using a Resmed Elite CPAP with a pressure of 12 and EPR at 3.0 cm, giving you an effective bilevel pressure of 12/9. Your having excellent results in terms of leaks, and just a hint of snores and flow limitations. With an AHI of 3.15 and OAI of 0.25, you are having predominately CA events.

Clear airway apnea are usually of short duration and don't do much harm compared to obstructive apnea. The occurance of CA can usually be significantly reduced in most of us by reducing the EPR setting. As a bonus, you can also reduce CPAP pressure a bit if you reduce EPR. I would keep the current pressure unless you think you may be more comfortable with a lower pressure. For starters, reduce EPR to 2. If CA remains high, then take CPAP pressure to 11.0 and EPR to 1. I would be surprised if you don't see a pretty immediate improvement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2017, 02:21 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Hi tzk321. There's something screwy with the time reporting. For some reason SleepyHead isn't giving the hours and minutes on the charts, but it looks like you slept from midnight till early morning, then again in the afternoon until 7pm. Is this correct? Alternatively the time in your machine may be set to the wrong timezone. If you haven't done so, request the clinician manual (link at the top of this page) and check that the time is set correctly.

Regarding your apneas etc, it looks like obstructive apnea is very well controlled, but you are having quite a few central apneas.  Looking back to your previous attachment, this looks like it started in December - can you recall if there were any significant changes at that time (apart from the seasonal over-indulgence we all seem to be guilty of)?  Also, December is the time your machine started recording the pressures and other details - my guess is that you didn't have an SD card in the machine until then - is that right?

Thanks for your help.  I slept from around 11 pm to 7 am.  I didn't use the cpap again until the next night. Perhaps the time is off because  the machine was purchased in the USA and I'm currently living in Turkey.  I'll see if I can figure out how to change the time.

I've actually had an SD card in the machine the whole time.  I can't explain why there is a change in December.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for your help!

I will give this a try and let you know how it works.

Regards!

(03-24-2017, 07:40 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well done on posting your data. This is why we try not to guess at what is going on.  You are using a Resmed Elite CPAP with a pressure of 12 and EPR at 3.0 cm, giving you an effective bilevel pressure of 12/9.  Your having excellent results in terms of leaks, and just a hint of snores and flow limitations.  With an AHI of 3.15 and OAI of 0.25, you are having predominately CA events.

Clear airway apnea are usually of short duration and don't do much harm compared to obstructive apnea. The occurance of CA can usually be significantly reduced in most of us by reducing the EPR setting.  As a bonus, you can also reduce CPAP pressure a bit if you reduce EPR.  I would keep the current pressure unless you think you may be more comfortable with a lower pressure.  For starters, reduce EPR to 2.  If CA remains high, then take CPAP pressure to 11.0 and EPR to 1. I would be surprised if you don't see a pretty immediate improvement.

Thanks very, very much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,830 7 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 304 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 804 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.