Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Autoset SD card issue (or is it normal?)
S9 Autoset SD card issue (or is it normal?)
My first night using the machine was OK and i took the SDcard out and was able to import into Sleepyhead.
When i put the card back into the S9 I got an "Invalid SD card" message and "Delete?"
I took the card out thinking it might not have been seated correctly and put it back in with no following error message.
This morning I took the card out and nothing from last night was recorded, nor was anything recorded on the machine itself (not sure if everything the machine shows is internal or off the card anyway)
When I put the card back in, I again got the invalid and erase message, so I erased.

Is this normal?

I am supposed to be recording data for the sleep folks next week but at this rate will have nothing to show them.
I wont know if anything is recorded unless I take it out and look, but if I then have to erase each time they wont (and neither will I) have anything to show them anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Autoset SD card issue (or is it normal?)
The S9 does not like system files written to the SD card. If you are using Windows, set your options to show hidden files and see if there is a system folder or file that got written.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

I shall take a look tomorrow.

Just to confirm procedure, I import from the SD Card, then delete and Windows system file I find on the card before putting it back into the machine.

Is there a way to recover whats in Sleepyhead back to the SD Card?
Is there a file type that can be copy/pasted back?
Post Reply Post Reply
That's probably it. The system file is "System Volume Information."
Lock the SD card before inserting into a computer; then unlock before reinserting into the S9.

Still, the machine should have recorded compliance data to it's internal memory. Which can be written to a proper SD card.

You lose the 7 days of high sample rate data; and the 30 days of detailed data if you do not get it recorded to an SD card.

Let the machine delete (and format the SD card). Then lock/unlock as per paragraph 1.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Will it write to the SD card automatically (the machine stored data of the last two nights) or is there a setting which will allow for that, after formatting?
Can't recall seeing anything that would offer that option.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine should write at least summary data automatically. The waveform data requires the card to be in the slot during the session. That will be all the efficacy without the flow rate charts. I would simply copy the entire card to a backup directory before formatting. You can then restore any directories and files other than the system directory information.

To prevent this in the future, there is a group policy option to turn off this feature. Enable Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Search \ Do not allow locations on removable drives to be added to libraries. See link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...083a3733f5

Another option in the Registry: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...c64c85f000
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It should automatically write basic compliance data from the machine to SD card.
That's basically hours used per day. Internal machine memory holds up to 365 days of this basic data.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all.
I definately lost all the data.
Nothing writes back to the card from the machine.

I have yet to try and copy a data file across from wherever sleepyhead stores the file (is the original format kept?)

By doing the write protect I can do as suggested and get the card back from the PC and into the unit with no error and request to delete.
So with luck, I am again set up to record tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to finish off this thread I could find no hidden file on the SD Card (but I am sure it must have been there) even though I thought I had the correct file view settings.
I put the card in the machine with no issue and when I pulled it the next morning I had data from the night before.
I had flipped the write protect to on and was able to read the card with Sleepyhead.
I removed the card, turned off write protect and when put back in the machine, got no error message.
Same thing this morning, so I am set up again. Lost one night of data.
Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 204 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 415 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.