Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advise on possible adjustments
Need advise on possible adjustments
Hi All,

Below is my second week data on Auto CPAP still set 7-10 , I am still getting over a sinus infection alot of time I go to sleep with a clear nose and wake up with a stuffy nose or woke up in the middle of the night with a stuffy nose and had to pause therapy. Should I be alarmed at the my AHI shooting up to 4.8 and also should I up the pressure range to 12 or more to accommodate being sick.

[Image: xYZzXkU.png]

[Image: VgEhY2M.png]

[Image: 1oOkuO8.png]

[Image: WTOZyQj.png]

[Image: H5JVOVR.png?1]

[Image: ZP7bACJ.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advise on possible adjustments
I'm not as experienced as others on this forum but here's my 2 cents.  You are mainly dealing with hypopneas along with some flow limitations and snores and your 95% pressure sits at your max pressure of 10 a lot of time which suggests your lower pressure is too low.  If these were my charts, I would increase lower pressure to 8 and upper pressure to 12.  When I first started this adventure, my pressure was similar to what you are using and I had similar charts.  I'm now at pressure 8.5\12 and my AHI is below 1 daily. 

Speaking of snores, turn off the VS2 snores under preferences in sleephead.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is always day to day variation in your sleep.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with a straight CPAP with my pressure at an 8. My AHI was avg under 1AHI yet I was still getting daytime sleepiness. So this is my second week on a APAP I figured my pressure was still too low. So.I'll make adjustments. I do feel better during the day even though my AHI is higher I was diagnosed at 9.5 AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
give it time and I'm sure you will feel better.  Everyone is different.  Some feel the difference right away.  Others take longer.  It took me a couple of months before I felt a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
To piggyback on the others, I'll add that I think when you're sick, you kind of need to know it's going to throw things off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I understand that its interesting seeing how sleeping while sick is and what happens to your breathing already.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,801 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 180 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 487 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 589 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments Catbois 1 173 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP Data advise DaCronic072 1 292 01-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: DaCronic072

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.