Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How Much DATA will SD Card Hold
How Much DATA will SD Card Hold
Based on my first week of use on new AirCurve 10 ASV the SD card has 25.8MB data used and it is a (4GB) 3.69GB card. It occurs to me it will go for about 2-1/2 years before getting filled up.

Anyone want to confirm or dispute my calculations?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How Much DATA will SD Card Hold
After 13 continuous months of use, my 2 GB card still has 1.8 GB of free space.  At this rate, it could go several more years.
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2017, 01:37 PM)SleeplessinPgh Wrote: After 13 continuous months of use, my 2 GB card still has 1.8 GB of free space.  At this rate, it could go several more years.

Yeah, the data doesn't seem to take up much space on those cards. I was curious because after the newness wears off I'm not going to want to download the data everyday.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Isn't is amazing how much data can be stored in such a small space? I just looked it up, and in 1981 (not so long ago at all!) you could get a 5 MB, yes, I said megabyte, hard drive for $3,500.00!! In 1980 IBM came out with the first gigabyte hard drive, which was $40,000.00, was the size of a refrigerator, and weighed 550 lbs! Crazy, eh?
Post Reply Post Reply
975 days and card barely touched. 4GB
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
The card may wear out before it ever fills up with data.

I am on a second card, because the first one cracked on the side, but all hours
were transferred to second card.

884 days, card reads 90% free space. 2GB
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2017, 08:07 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The card may wear out before it ever fills up with data.

I am on a second card, because the first one cracked on the side, but all hours
were transferred to second card.  

884 days, card reads 90% free space.  2GB

Laugh-a-lot when I read that, it's so true. Much more likely to lose it or drop it in the bowl than fill it up lol.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that Respironics machines are miserly in their data storage. My Resmed AirSense Autoset filled its original 2GB card to about 75% in about 18 months. I'm on my second card, an 8GB card which should last quite a while.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 167 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 502 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 668 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 723 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.