Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure Difference Btwn P10 & DreamWear
RE: Pressure Difference Btwn P10 & DreamWear
Good point! It's just when I'm going to bed, there's no light, so I couldn't see where L and R were.

I did the mask fit the first night, and got a green check mark. So I thought I was set. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both the DreamWear and the p10. I like the p10 better overall, but when I get too congested (pretty much every day, mostly in my right nostril) I will switch to the DreamWear for a while since there is nothing actually in my nose. It seems that there are more leak problems with the DW when my pressure goes up, and I think it's also easier for me to accidentally knock it off my face when I'm thrashing about in my sleep. I have thought of returning the DreamWear before the 30-day trial is up, but since there are pros and cons to both of them, I figure I will hang on to the DreamWear.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's interesting, Leemax. Have you tried a smaller cushion on the DreamWear? That is what helped stop any leaking no matter which way I turn.

I'm finding the P10 to hiss somewhat if the nostril flange isn't positioned just right. I'm thinking I may have gigantically wide nostrils. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
For preventing soreness to nares with the P10 I have found you really don't have to have it very tight at all. Once the air pressure gets going they stay on fairly well by themselves even if they feel a bit loose before you turn on your machine. Just make sure to experiment with how far you pull apart the two straps on your head. The wider apart the looser it fits. You'll want to wear it as loose as possible. Basically as loose as you can so that it doesn't leak is the ticket.

As mentioned above use lansinoh or any other good quality cream on your nares during the day. Make sure to wash your nares at night before you put the mask on to avoid still having any cream on there (unless perhaps if it is Lansinoh, some people leave it on on purpose when wearing the P10.)

Resistance is indeed futile. This is a great mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
No matter where I place the straps, they quickly migrate together at a center point on my head. They will not stay where I put them. :-/

I wash my face well before bed. No lotions for me. Haven't had Lansinoh in the house in a decade... and would hate to buy some just to be grossed out by how it feels. Do you think coconut oil could work? Oh, but then I'd be smelling coconut all night... never mind.
Post Reply Post Reply
just go ahead and pull them wiiiiiide apart. The top one can be over close to your forehead, maybe between the crown of your head and your forehead and the lower one down as low as it will go. I daresay they shouldn't migrate then! Experiment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2017, 02:13 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: That's interesting, Leemax. Have you tried a smaller cushion on the DreamWear?  That is what helped stop any leaking no matter which way I turn.

I'm finding the P10 to hiss somewhat if the nostril flange isn't positioned just right. I'm thinking I may have gigantically wide nostrils. LOL

I just went to check, and found I was already using the small size DW cushion. (I don't know why I decided on that size, since I have a large-ish schnozz.) I switched to the Medium and it seems to work better. Maybe the small one wasn't fitting correctly around my nose. I also had to get the Large size headgear since my head is on the big side. OK, it's really big, but literally, not figuratively!  Smile

My p10 cushions also hiss some if they're not sitting just right, which can be annoying.

(I'm now getting an image of you with absolutely enormous nostrils, even though I have no idea what you look like!)
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, I have fixed the migrating strap issue! I put one strap at the base of my skull, and pull all my hair through - so the one strap acts as a headband down low. And I put the other strap at the top of my head at my hairline - and it acts as a headband at the top of my head.

That's the only way I can get it to stay on. But yay - finally a night where it doesn't fall out of my nose or off my head!!!

Now, to figure out why my AHI is 2x as much as with DreamWear.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 251 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 296 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 9 1,065 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.