Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help [varying AHI levels]
RE: Help [varying AHI levels]
Haynbo, no criticism intended. Using Imgur preserves the history so we can compare the results of changes. We're here to help and participate in celebrating your progress. The process is inherently trial and error, so trying a recliner was an interesting experiment that you proved was not your solution. That's a good thing because you're trying new things and observing the results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another experiment on my part- just got back from buying a soft surgical collar- will try that tonight-

By the way, I appreciate any suggestions and/ or comments and take no offense to anything- my goal is to maximize my treatment- being told that you have elevated pulmonary pressure is enough motivation to listen to people such as you guys who obviously know what you are talking about. Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
yeah all good.  we noticed on Monday night you had your machine set on 7 min and 12 max.  it is fair to observe that you were up against the 12 a lot.  you must have dropped from max of 14 to max of 12 sometime in the past.

anyway, can't wait to see your numbers with the collar.  

and here is your chart on imgur "attachment 3400"

[Image: pj6JyXg.png]

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see your response was in the middle of the night- I guess that would probably help my numbers- just don't sleep- HaHa!

Anyway, before I figure out the Imgur, I just wanted to report that the AHI was at 3.7!!!- the collar made so much sense in terms of dealing with the issue that I obviously have- my head, going forward, shuts off the airway. I really should have figured that out because that is what got me to pursue the diagnosis of sleep apnea. What had happened was that although I never felt  symptoms while asleep in bed, I started waking up gasping for air 5 minutes after falling asleep in my chair- obviously from my head falling forward.

Again thanks so much for the help- I will get the chart out after I figure it out!
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the improvement. The positive outcome of your recliner experiment is it revealed the true nature of your apnea. Now that you have controlled the occlusion of your airway by using a soft collar, we can focus on any remaining problems of optimizing the machine to meet your needs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=3407]Sorry, I have not had time to get the Imgur up and running and I have to go out again but I just wanted to show my last night's results- On the circle, you will see that the majority of my events were either CA's or Hypopnea's- I have read somewhere that with that mixture, Bi Level treatment is generally recommended- I am now on Auto Cpap- is what I heard or read correct?

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,613 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 681 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Varying measurements from AS11 and Oxymeter fuzz 8 383 02-02-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Low O2 Levels During Sleep with Low AHI cmpman1974 60 5,097 01-01-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,109 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  CA's and low CO2 levels? MrIvanDrago 2 450 11-26-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.