Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximetry Test Results?
Oximetry Test Results?
Any possible feedback would be greatly appreciated.

High SpO2         98%

Low SpO2          85%

Basal SpO2        93.4 %

Awake               98%

Oxygen Dasaturation Index             Total Desaturation Events       47

Avg Evenys Per Hr                  5

Thank you in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximetry Test Results?
is this results while sleeping, without PAP machine or with it on?

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
What device was used? I know when I use my CMS 50F at night I get a lot of variance just from the sensor moving on my finger as I roll about while sleeping. Regardless, your numbers look pretty good to me, however we would need to know the duration of the desaturations below 88% to know the severity of the desaturations.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Quies and TAT.

It was done while sleeping with the Cpap on all night about 7 1/2 hours. And the duration of the desaturations below 88% was less than 12 seconds. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would discuss this with your primary care doctor, as supplemental oxygen may be authorized. I do think excursions under 88% while on the CPAP signals something is wrong with your treatment.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2017, 08:30 PM)harmon k Wrote: Any possible feedback would be greatly appreciated.

High SpO2         98%

Low SpO2          85%

Basal SpO2        93.4 %

Awake               98%

Oxygen Dasaturation Index             Total Desaturation Events       47

Avg Evenys Per Hr                  5

Thank you in advance.
i think i would be happy

85% is a tad low but 5/hr is borderline nothing/mild

98% awake is normal
Here are some general guidelines to understandind oximeter readings and SpO2 values.
For a regular healthy person, the normal blood oxygen saturation level (SpO2) should be around 94% to 99%. For patients with mild respiratory diseases, the SpO2 should be 90% or above. Supplementary oxygen should be used if SpO2 level falls below 90%, which is unacceptable for a prolonged period of time.
Medicare will pay for oxygen therapy and oxygen equipment if your SpO2 readings are below 88%. If your pulse oximetry or blood oxygen saturation falls under 88% consistently, consult with a doctor immediately. Many doctors want their patients to have their SpO2 above 90%.
The best place to get the answer to your questions is in your doctor's office. Your pulse oximetry normal values are dependent on your health condition, respiratory rate, percentage of oxygen in the air, activities you are performing, and other factors.
Post Reply Post Reply
12 s below 88% - I don't that's anything too concerning.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2017, 11:12 PM)TASmart Wrote: What device was used? I know when I use my CMS 50F at night I get a lot of variance just from the sensor moving on my finger as I roll about while sleeping. Regardless, your numbers look pretty good to me, however we would need to know the duration of the desaturations below 88% to know the severity of the desaturations.

3M micropore tape has a few more uses, one of which is to keep my oximeter locked onto the finger.   Big Grin
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 80 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 130 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 155 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.