Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleepweaver masks
sleepweaver masks
I am wanting to hear from anybody who has tried using the sleepweaver masks and what their experience was.

Personally, I don't believe these masks work in the treatment of sleep apnea.

I have tried using both the Anew and Elan. In both cases all of my symptoms come straight back.

The issue is not leakage - I don't get major leakage using these masks.

I feel this company must know they are selling a dodgy product! Please get back to me with your thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleepweaver masks
They totally work for me (Elan and Advance).   What do you mean by your symptoms coming straight back?
Post Reply Post Reply
hi kowlooner

may I ask what level is your apnea? Mine is moderate (18 p/h)

what I notice is when I use the sleepweaver I am desperately tired in the day and waking up at night (as I was before CPAP)

when I use a regular silicone mask I feel normal again

for the past few months I have switched back and forth between the sleepweaver and silicone masks and the symptoms I mentioned are only present when I'm using the sleepweaver

I would also like to know if you get the sore underneath your nose that many who use the sleepweaver have reported (and that I have also experienced)?
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep study had me at about 45, but with CPAP my AHIs average under 1, and on rare occasions are between 1 and 2, even with rather poor sleep habits (though I do get around 6-1/2 or 7 hours sleep a night).  I think I'm pretty lucky in that regard, though.

I've never heard about the sore under the nose thing.  The Advance feels pretty comfortable for me.  The Elan, not so much (and more leaks, at least in my case).  I did have problems with the regular sized Advance after a while, mainly leaks, but after I switched to the small sized version I can't think of a single problem.

I will say that sometimes I do feel a little sleepy during the day.  Nothing like before I started CPAP.  Not very often though, and it's never very bad.  

Are you using the Sleepyhead software?  Pretty much every piece of advice you'll hear here is to post some screenshots of your Sleepyhead data.  Maybe something will show up there.   There are a lot of folks on this forum (not me) who seem pretty good at interpreting those charts!

Edit: Duh, now I see from your profile that you are using Sleepyhead. Since you've got data from both with and without Sleepweaver masks, might want to post a few for comparison purposes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 352 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 222 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 413 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 496 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 493 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 425 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed masks with magnets and coronary stents stillaliveca 0 456 12-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.