Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A New Backup Power Source for XPAPs?
A New Backup Power Source for XPAPs?
Just an FYI message for those of you who may be looking for a backup power source, or for remote area power, there is a soon to be shipping device called a "River Mobile Power Station". Although expensive, it looks to provide a lot of power options for all kinds of power needs. It features a 116,000mAh/412Wh Li-ion battery with a total output of 500 Watts. They even say that it can power a refrigerator for upto 10 hours. It also has a solar power option.

Not endorsing this product since I already have backup solutions, however if I did not, I would seriously consider it. Note that it is a "crowd funded" product, but it has far exceeded its funding goal and is stated to start shipping this summer. Just Google the product's name and you should be able to find it if you are interested.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A New Backup Power Source for XPAPs?
$500 to pre-order through Indegogo. I do not personally trust that that means a device will be delivered in July. I'm sorry but the Airing CPAP totally blew my faith that Indigogo is anything but a fundraising scam, although this looks potentially real. There is no protection for this "investment" and the specifications are pretty generalized in the FAQ. The company behind this funding campaign EcoFlowTech, is the holder of a vapor product at the moment and has no history of production and delivery. The actual offering is from a shell company called RainFactory which promotes itself as a digital marketing company.

The battery itself is huge for this li-ion format. If very very good safety protocols are not designed into the unit for charging and discharge limits, it could result in a really impressive fire.

Run away!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A New Backup Power Source for XPAPs?
Who knows? That is the gamble you take with crowd funded products. I have two Indiegogo products that we bought into early, one is OK, the other one is doing fine. There is a lot of battery in that small box! It will be interesting to see if we hear of any fires. I don't think that we will be seeing any on airplanes. I hope it works as advertised, a lot of potential uses.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,787 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 228 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 249 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  Do mask types affect xpaps rise in eye pressure? Happyeyes 4 363 01-12-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,406 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.