Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Trying to cope with all this...
RE: Trying to cope with all this...
Your results are fine. I suggest you stop changing thinks for a week or so to see where things settle out. But if this is the best it gets the results are very good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI numbers are good.  The "spikes" you are seeing is the Phillips Respironics Algorithm.  It will do a search and raise the pressure slightly to see if a better pressure can be found.  This looks like a sawtooth pattern. This isn't something that most even notice.  

Your leak rate looks ok, nothing excessive.  You are more than likely breathing through your mouth.  You can try a chin strap, or another alternative is to use a
"soft" cervical collar.  Look on Amazon, measure your neck first.  They aren't very expensive, and is more comfy than a chin strap.  When in place, it will keep your jaw from dropping.  

Next time you post, try using the tutorials in my signature line.  This will show you how to organize #SleepyHead graphs and upload.  Look at the examples of graph layouts in the tutorial.

One more thing: Be sure to remove personal info from your graphs, like real name, address, phone #, etc.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
you might want to remove your name and other personal information from your sleep report, good luck with your therapy!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2017, 09:11 AM)TASmart Wrote: Your results are fine. I suggest you stop changing thinks for a week or so to see where things settle out. But if this is the best it gets the results are very good.

(04-29-2017, 10:11 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Your AHI numbers are good.  The "spikes" you are seeing is the Phillips Respironics Algorithm.  It will do a search and raise the pressure slightly to see if a better pressure can be found.  This looks like a sawtooth pattern. This isn't something that most even notice.  

Your leak rate looks ok, nothing excessive.  You are more than likely breathing through your mouth.  You can try a chin strap, or another alternative is to use a
"soft" cervical collar.  Look on Amazon, measure your neck first.  They aren't very expensive, and is more comfy than a chin strap.  When in place, it will keep your jaw from dropping.  

Next time you post, try using the tutorials in my signature line.  This will show you how to organize [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] graphs and upload.  Look at the examples of graph layouts in the tutorial.

One more thing:  Be sure to remove personal info from your graphs, like real name, address, phone #, etc.

(04-29-2017, 10:18 AM)silversnore Wrote: you might want to remove your name and other personal information from your sleep report, good luck with your therapy!!

Oops, I've corrected it. Next time I'll upload images, sorry!

I'll keep this setting for a week and see how it goes, meanwhile I'll be testing things to stop breathing through my mouth

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome!  A couple of comments:

I also have a hiatal hernia.  In my opinion, this is often only contributes, not causes nighttime esophagitis.  Having an apnea, or hypopnea, event creates a vacuum in your airway.  This can suck the contents of your stomach up into your throat.  Clearly having a hiatal hernia makes this more likely to happen.  My nighttime symptoms have completely resolved on CPAP.

Second, if your primary problem is UARS then the AHI is not a good indication of how effective your treatment is as UARS often won't register.  The RDI is a better measure.  It is very difficult to assess UARS outside of a sleep lab.  Your best measure is probably how good you feel the next day.

Good luck finding a resolution (or resolutions) to your problems.  Many of us here have found themselves in similar dire straights.  Don't lose hope.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.