Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heated Hose Damaged?
Heated Hose Damaged?
I'm using my original heated hose.  A few months ago, I stepped on the hose and the wires bent. I bent them back and everything seemed to work fine with no leaks.  Recently, I've started to get rainout.  I have it set to Auto, which has worked all along.  Temperature is the same but humidity is probably higher now with all the rain and the furnace not running so often. The last 3 nights, I kept getting rainout in the middle of the night.  Anybody have any suggestions before I toss this hose?  I tried keeping the hose UNDER the blanket as a sort of hose cozy, but that didn't help either.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heated Hose Damaged?
Experiment with dropping the humidity level (?)

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
There are the heater wires; and there are wires to the sensor at the down stream end. I would wager you broke one of the wires to the sensor.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2017, 11:48 AM)justMongo Wrote: There are the heater wires; and there are wires to the sensor at the down stream end.  I would wager you broke one of the wires to the sensor.

That is what I suspected, but wouldn't it show a fault or something? 

Also, yes, I could switch to manual and turn the humidity down, but the whole point of getting the heated hose and using Auto was so that I wouldn't have to especially at this time of the year when conditions change, sometimes dramatically from day to day.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know that there is any test to verify continuity in a heated hose; however considering the cost is not unreasonable, i recommend you simply replace it. Comparison shopping on Ebay, Amazon and the supplier list should give you a pretty decent price for a Resmed Climateline hose. It sounds like you broke a wire.

You know how your auto rear-window defroster won't work if you scratch the grid? Same idea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Airsense 10 would report a humidifier failure message on screen when you turn it off in the morning if the heated hose was damaged and not working.
Humidification icon on the screen would be a Red sad face as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm...ok. I'll try it again. I did try the new Climateline last night. Woke up with a headache. Left it off for a few minutes, headache went away. Put it back on, headache in less than a minute. Tried this multiple times (this is with the new Climateline). I have never had this problem before, so am really puzzled. Only used cpap 4 hours last night because of that headache issue. This wasn't just a mild headache - this was the 'I have the flu really bad' sort of headache'. I am otherwise well. Only change was Climateline hoses.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if you got a genuine ResMed replacement climateline hose; or, some knock off that's outgassing.

Here's a year old thread/post on the S9's climateline resistance measurements. The 10 series cannot be much different.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid103538

5 Ohms of the heater; 175 Ohms on the sensor; and they share a common connector between the heater and sensor.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The Climateline (both old and new) was from the DME and has RESMED packaging with imprint, so I'm pretty sure it's a Resmed product.  I bought a Slimline hose off Ebay last year and nowhere on the package does it say Resmed and the one I got from the DME does. 

Note: my machine never said anything about any faults on the other hose.  I don't know how else to tell it is working though. I'll see if I can get the Ohm meter from my brother later today.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 611 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 359 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.