Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do I need to turn machine off
Do I need to turn machine off
Was just wondering if I need to do the following to my Resmed S9
1/ turn it off before i remove the SD card
2/ turn it off each day, or is it ok to leave it running all the time
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do I need to turn machine off
Do you mean turning the machine off by the stop/start button or unplugging the machine from the power point wall socket

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2012, 04:09 PM)worthog Wrote: Was just wondering if I need to do the following to my Resmed S9
1/ turn it off before i remove the SD card
2/ turn it off each day, or is it ok to leave it running all the time

Hi there...I have the S9 Elite model. It is programmed to shut off after the "ccol down" is complete. Not sure if they would all be the same or not?????
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2012, 04:18 PM)zonk Wrote: Do you mean turning the machine off by the stop/start button or unplugging the machine from the power point wall socket
Unplugging from power point, I turn it offat the stop start otherwise it will keep blowing air
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you have constant power fluctuations, there's no need to pull the plug from the wall each day.

There's a discussion on here somewhere about when and how to remove the card in relation to the machine's power being on or off.

Here's one:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...urn-it-off
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I unplug the machine when removing the SD card and I don't plug it in until the card is installed. Otherwise I hit the on/off button in the morning when I shut it down for the day.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
In another thread mentioned that the S9 manual say to unplug the machine before taking the card out
I don,t unplug anything and never had any problems
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2012, 05:07 PM)Cutter Wrote: I unplug the machine when removing the SD card and I don't plug it in until the card is installed. Otherwise I hit the on/off button in the morning when I shut it down for the day.

I do what Cutter does. Lolabove
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 will continue to blow air for some time after therapy stopped to cool the heater plate and would help to dry up the hose.
You could unplug or power down by holding the startstop button for 3 sec and when ready press once to lit the screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi worthog, I usually just turn mine off with the start-stop button and leave it plugged in. BTW, It doesn't hurt the machine to keep blowing air, it only does that up to an hour after you turn it off and the reason it does that, (I think,) is to dry the hose and mask out to prevent water from collecting in them.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Is it OK to turn on an oxygen concentrator before my APAP machine? EMihalis 10 696 12-15-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,211 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Should I turn off EPR?? sleepygoo 4 583 11-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,302 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,107 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  [Equipment] Turn off Ramp. CactusJack 4 9,203 03-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DISleepApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.