Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Events per hour last night
RE: Events per hour last night
(06-24-2017, 12:38 PM)Novello1234 Wrote: I have never seen it that high I am concerned about that . I thought over 5 concern  but when I woke up events per hour was down but I guess it is averaged  I normally sleep 5 to 6 hours so this number of 2.2 would have been much higher

If you did not include the events from the first hour that 2.2 would have been much lower. Some people call that period when you are just falling asleep "sleep-wake junk" and discount that data.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone experienced this
Post Reply Post Reply
I am concerned that my events per hour fir my first hour of sleep was 8  I was told that over 8 is not good .
Post Reply Post Reply
A lot of people have periods of time when they have clusters of events, especially when the are first falling asleep. I would not be overly concerned about this if it were me. It is most likely that your machine is not set optimally for you but no one can help you because the only information you have posted is your AHI. If you are concerned you should talk to your doctor about it, or bring your SD card to your provider to review. When you push the button to start your machine does it show a pressure or range of pressures on the screen? Would you feel comfortable changing the pressures yourself? If not, the only solution would be to talk to your doctor or provider.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I left a message with my provider as they have data that they can review and I will also be meeting with my sleep doctor in a few weeks so he can review my second sleep study where I brought my mask  my machine starts st 5 and then goes to 7 . My pressure is set for 7. Sometimes after an hour I have a hard time falling asleep. Other times I will follow asleep and the next wake up in two hours where I might go and look Arvin my machine. Or when i am having a bad night and I keep tossing I wonder if it is my night guard fir my teeth that is causing the problem.  I rember. Being tired  and falling asleep than waking up thinking that I hadn't many hours of sleep. That was  a good hour of sleep  and is it possible that I was in my R.E.M. Sleep
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 14 413 53 minutes ago
Last Post: BigWing
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 46 9 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,407 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 182 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 273 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.